《Women of Achievement》教案15
Unit 1 Women of Achievement
Information about the class:
There are 40 students in this class .They are 16 or 17 years old. Most of their first language is Chinese, a little students first language is Uighur.They have been learning English for 7 years. Most students have basic knowledge of English, so they can get the general idea of some passage in English .But a little of students find it difficult to understand English article.
This is the first unit of NSEFC STUDENT’S module 4, unit 1, which is under the context of great female, the point is to help students realize that women can make great achievements as man can, what’s more, as senior students, they are supposed to set their life goal and work hard to realize it, there is no short-cut for everything. While the point of reading is that enable students to get the lifetime of Jane Goodall.
Knowledge and skills:
1. By the end of the lesson, students will be able to read for gist, specific information and detail.
2. By the end of the lesson, students will be able to use new vocabulary in spoken form.
Teaching process and methods:
1. By presenting the new vocabulary and expressions, do preparation for reading.
2. By Jigsaw reading, skimming and detail-reading, post-reading ,develop student’s reading ability.
Emotional attitude and value
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to hold the correct sense of value: everything can be achieved by working hard, persisting.
Teaching important points:
1. By the end of the lesson, enable students to use new vocabulary in spoken form.
2. By the end of the lesson, enable students to get the lifetime of Jane Goodall.
Teaching difficult point:
By the end of the lesson, enable students ‘s reading ability developed.
Individual learning, cooperative learning.
1. Reading material was downloaded from :http://www.mofangge.com/html/qDetail/03/c3/201408/r3kcc303276960.html, and teacher made some adjustment which is more suitable for students. But it still obey the topic and the knowledge of of this unit.
2. 15 slides PPT were designed by teacher.
3. 2 handouts including reading material, tasks were designed by teacher.
4. Word cards made by teacher.
Students have already gained some basic information about great people and most of them can use some adjective and noun to to describe them.
Anticipated difficulties with materials, activities and tasks:
1. Task 4 may be difficult for some students.
2. Some weadents may not involve in the discussion.
1. In the procedure of task 4, offer help to some students.
2. While monitoring the class, encourage them and offer some help.