Module 8 Accidents
Unit 1 While the lights were changing to red,
a car suddenly appeared.
To master the useful words and sentences.
Words: pale, appear, round, corner, hit, glad, risk, side
expressions: in time, fall off, pay attention, side by side
1. To help students to improve their ability of listening and speaking.
2. Enable students to understand conversations about traffic rules.
1. To help students know the importance of traffic rules.
2. Improve their sense of duty to follow the traffic rules.
New words and expressions.
To learn the grammar knowledge of the past continuous tense.
Cultivating the ability of expressing opinions.
PWP method, task-based method and interactive approach
A tape recorder, multimedia and some pictures.
Step 1 Lead-in
Ss look the pictures and fill in the blanks.
Step 2 Consolidate new words
Look and say. The teacher shows the pictures of new words and let the students to say the new words as quickly as possible.
Step 3 Say the meaning of the phrases.
Work in pairs. Let Ss say the meaning of the phrases as quickly as possible.
Step 4 Look at the pictures and say what’s happening
Look at the picture and use the words from the box to say what’s happening at that time.
Step 5 Listen to Activity 2 and read
1. The driver was/was not going fast.
2. The driver was/was not looking.
3. The driver was/was not talking on his mobile phone.
Step 6 Listen to the dialogue and answer the questions
Let Ss listen to the dialogue and answer the two questions. Then check in groups.
Step 7 Read the dialogue and answer the questions
1. What was the boy doing when he was riding his bike?
2. When did a car suddenly appear round the corner?
3. Did the boy fall off his bike?
Step 8 Read Activity 3 and complete the following advice.
When you are riding a bike, thint the risk of an accident!
Pay ___________ and stop at the___________.
Don’t ______ too fast.
Don’t ride ____________ with your friends.
Step 9 Complete the passage with the correct form of the words from the box.
Let Ss read the passage first and choose the words and expressions from the box.
Step 10 Everyday English
Are you all right?
That’s very dangerous!
That’s too bad.
Step 11 Language points
Let Ss master the main points of the passage.
Step 12 Listen and mark when the speases
1. Listen and mark when the speases.
1) While the lights were changing to red, a car suddenly appeared round the corner.
2) When I was waiting to cross the road, the accident happened.
2. Now listen again and repeat.
Step 13 Work in groups of four
Student A: You’re a policeman at an accident scene in the street. Ask people questions.
Student B, C and D: You saw the accident. Answer the policeman’s questions
Step 14 Grammar
Step 15 Summary
in time fall off pay attention side by side
Step 16 Exercises
Do some exercises about the main points.
Step 17 中考链接
Do the exercises in the entrance exam to senior high schools.
Step 18 Homework