《She was thinking about her cat》教案1
Unit 2 She was thinking about her cat.
Reading and writing.
1. Listening and understanding the plot development of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Understanding the major characters and events..
2. Participating in a role-play with the teacher’s guidance.
3. Reading and understanding the sequence of events in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.
4. Writing a short passage about what happened after Alice fell down the rabbit hole.
1. Key vocabulary: twice, once or twice, suddenly, pink, pocket, field, thint, deep, while, land, dry
2. Keys structure: Past continuous: was / were + v-ing
Recorder , OHP , video
Step 1 Warming-up
1. Enjoy a play: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
2. Review the text of Unit 1.
3. Show some pictures.
4. Look at the pictures, and talk something about the pictures.
Step 2 Work in pairs.
1. Ask the students to look at the picture in Activi ty 2 and say what you think is strange.
2. Introduce the new words.
3. Learn the new words.
4. Read the new words.
Step 3 Reading.
1. Play the recording and listen to the tape carefully.
2. Read the start of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and guess what happens next.
3. Ask the stude nts to read through the passage.
4. Read the passage by themselves.
5. Read the text together.
Step 4 Number the events in the order.
1. Read the passage again.
2. Number the events in the order they happened in Activity 3.
a) Alice landed on some dry leaves.
b) Alice was sitting by the river with her sister.
c) Alice fell down a hole.
d) A rabbit ran by.
e) Alice ran across the field after the rabbit.
3. Check with a partner.
4. Call back the answers from the whole class.
Step 5 Answer the questions.
1. Ask the students to the words in the box in Activity 4.
deep dry field once or twice pink pocket
2. Ask the students to read through the passage in Activity 4.
1) Was Alice interested in her sister’s book? How do you know?
2) What colour were the rabbit’s eyes?