《It describes the changes in Chinese society》教案1
Unit 2 It describes the changes in Chinese society.
Reading and writing.
Ⅲ Teaching aims
1. Listening and understanding familiar topics (Beijing Opera) finding specific information.
2. Describing intentions and plans in simple language.
3. Reading and understanding the sequence of events.
4. Writing a short passage about favourite play or film.
Ⅳ Teaching Objectives
1. Key vocabulary: act, show, common, describe, society, beginning, head teacher, college, novel, if, magic
2. Keys structure: Infinitive structures (1): infinitives as objects; verbs followed by infinitives.
Recorder, OHP, video
Ⅵ Teaching Steps
Step 1 Warming-up
1. Enjoy a play: Lao She Teahouse
2. Review the text of Unit 1.
3. Show some pictures.
4. Look at the pictures, and talk something about the pictures.
5. Introduce the new words.
6. Learn the new words.
7. Read the new words.
Step 2 Work in pairs.
1. Ask and answer questions about Lao She.
1) What do you know about Lao She?
2) What are his most famous books and plays?
3) What’s the special about Lao She Teahouse?
2. Tell the students about Lao She.
Lao She (1899-1966) was one of the most renowned contemporary Chinese writers, famous for his novels and plays. His works have been translated into over 20 foreign languages.
Step 3 Reading
1. Play the recording and listen to the tape carefully.
2. Ask the students to read through the passage.
3. Read the passage by themselves.
4. Read the text together.
5. Read the passage and match the headings with the paragraphs in Activity 2.
6. Check with a partner.
7. Call back the answers from the whole class.
Keys: 1 b 2 c 3 a
Step 4 Complete the timeline.
1. Read the passage again.
2. Complete the timeline with information about Lao She.
1899 born in Beijing
3. Check with a partner.
4. Call back the answers from the whole class.