Module 6 Problems
Unit 1 If I start after dinner, I’ll finish it before I go to bed.
理解Words: deal, exam, fail, guitar, instrument, musical, habit, schoolwornteer, necessary, shame, instead, community, knowledge, point, consider, get into the habit of, instead of, last word在文中的意思，能正确的翻译。
PWP method, task-based method
Step 1 情境导入
Step 2 课前朗读
1. 朗读单词Words: deal, exam, fail, guitar, instrument, musical, habit, schoolwornteer, necessary, shame, instead, community, knowledge, point, consider，get into the habit of, instead of, last word注意单词中每个音节的发音和字母组合。培养学生自主学习词汇的习惯，促使学生迅速进入学习状态。
Listen and decide what Tony’s problem is. Use the words in the box to help you.
deal exam fall guitar instrument
a) Tony is spending too much time playing the guitar, and he may fail his exams.
b) All of Tony’s friends can play musical instruments after class, but he has to study hard.
c) Tony’s parents want to stop him enjoying music, although they have made deal with him before.
一层听：Listen again and check(√) the true sentences.
1. Tony’s dad is worried about Tony spends too much time playing the guitar.
2. Tony has failed an exam.
3. Tony’s mum wants Tony to stop playing the guitar.
4. Tony plays music together with his friends.
5. Tony’s mum suggests that Tony should have guitar lessons.
6. Tony’s dad does not agree with Tony’s mum’s suggestion.
二层听：Listen to Part 3 and answer the following questions. (学生独立完成后，小组内交流答案。)
1. Where does Tony want to go?
2. Why does he want to go to the library?
Read the dialogue and mark T or F.
1. Tony likes playing the guitar. ( )
2. Tony’s dad wants him to do his homework after dinner. ( )
3. Tony’s dad doesn’t think he should go to the library too often. ( )
Now work in groups. Discuss what the problem is between Tony and his father. Give your advice.
Read the conversation, finish Activity 4，5(完成后让学生小组内交流答案)
1. Why does Tony say he will do his homework after dinner?
a) Because he wants a rest from schoolwork.
b) Because he can do his homework in the library.2•1•c•n•j•y
c) Because homework is less important than music.
2. Why does Tony’s dad think Tony should not go to the library so much?
a) Because he wants Tony to learn an instrument.
b) Because working in the library stops Tony from playing the guitar.
c) Because Tony will not have enough time to study.
3. How does Tony feel about the work in the library?
a) It is more interesting than homework and should come first.
b) It is not as important as homework.
c) It is good because he can help the community and read books there at
the same time.
Complete the passage with the words in the box.
community consider habit
instead knowledge shame
Tony wants to go to the library, because he works there to help the (1)___________. He can also read books there and increase his (2) ___________. But his father thinks it is a (3) _______ that Tony does not (4)_________ his homework to be more important. He wants Tony to get into the (5)_______ of doing his homework (6)_________ of doing other things first after school.
1） 学生自主学习，理解activity 3的意思，找出不懂的地方。
Step 7 Everyday English
That’s a shame. 真遗憾。常用在口语中。