例：How much is the shirt?
1. What sports does Misually play now ?
A. Tennis. B. Volleyball. C. Football.
2. What does the man think the woman should do?
A. Keep singing. B. Stop performing. C. Avoid attending the contest.
3. Who is reading a book?
A. Lisa. B. Lucy. C. Mary.
4. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Why Jenny failed to attend class today.
B. Why Jenny went to hospital.
C. Why Jenny felt terrible today.
5. What does the woman most probably think of the movie?
A. Boring. B. Scaring. C. Excellent.
6. Why is the library crowded with students?
A. They study there for the final exam.
B. They want to borrow books there.
C. They have to take classes there.
7. What does the man decided to do?
A. Study in the classroom.
B. Get up earlier.
C. Work harder.
8. What’s the weather like today?
A. Stormy. B. Rainy. C. Sunny
9. What did the woman plan to do tomorrow?
A. Visit the Disneyland. B. Stay at home. C. Go shopping.
10. When should the speakers hand in the report?
A. This Thursday. B. Next Monday. C. Next Sunday
11. What’s the topic of the woman’s report?
A. The Internet. B. The soccer game. C. The shared bike.
12. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Colleagues B. Classmates. C. Teammates.
13. Why is the man sent to Barcelona?
A. To work. B. To visit a family. C. To take a vacation.
14. Which seat does the man prefer?
A. A black seat. B. A passage seat. C. A window seat.
15. What will the man do after talking with the woman?
A. Find a seat and wait.
B. Read a book and relax.
C. Open a suitcase and check.
16. Where are most probably the speakers?
A. At the airport . B. At the theatre. C. At a travel agency.
17. What does the man think of wort?
A. Costly. B. Difficult. C. Important.
18. With whom does the man usually have dinner?
A. His classmates. B. His family. C. His old friends.
19. How long does it take the man to finish an assignment?
A. Only one hour B. One hour and a half. C. At least two hours.
20. When does the man usually get up?
A. Around 4 am. B. Around 8 am. C. Around 6 am.
Homestay provides English language students with the opportunity to speak English outside the classroom and the experience of being part of a British home.
What to Expect
The host will provide accommodation and meals. Rooms will be cleaned and bedcovers changed at least once a wee will be given the house key and the host is there to offer help and advice as well as to take an interest in your physical and mental health.
Meal Plans Available
※ Continental Breakfast
※ Breakfast and Dinner
※ Breakfast, Pacnch and Dinner
It’s important to note that few English families still provide a traditional cooked breakfast. Your accommodation includes Continental Breakfast which normally consists of fruit juice, cereal(谷物类食品), bread and tea or coffee. Cheese, fruit and cold meat are not normally part of a Continental Breakfast in England. Dinner usually consists of meat or fish with vegetables followed by dessert, fruit and coffee.
If you wish to invite a friend over to visit, you must first asr host’s permission. You have no right to entertain friends in a family home as some families feel it is an invasion of their privacy.
Self-catering Accommodation in Private Homes
Accommodation on a room-only basis includes a shared kitchen and bathroom facilities and often a main living room. This kind of accommodation offers an independent lifestyle and is more suitable for the long-stay student. However, it does not provide the same family atmosphere as an ordinary homestay and may not benefit those who need to practise English at home quite as much.
1. Which of the following will be provided by the host?
A. Room cleaning. B. Medical care.
C. Physical training. D. Free accommodation.
2. What does Continental Breakfast include?
A. Cheese and cold meat. B. Fruit and coffee.
C. Fruit juice and bread. D. Dessert and tea.
3. What’s the advantage of self-catering accommodation for students?
A. To be independent. B. To practice English.
C. To make more friends. D. To enjoy warm family atmosphere.
【答案】1. A 2. C 3. A
1. 细节理解题。根据文章第二段第一句Rooms will be cleaned and bedcovers changed at least once a week.可知A项Room cleaning是对方提供的服务之一，故A选项正确。
2. 细节理解题。根据Your accommodation includes Continental Breakfast which normally consists of fruit juice, cereal, bread and tea or coffee.可知早餐包括果汁，面包，茶，咖啡等。故C选项正确。
3. 细节理解题。由文中最后一段的This kind of accommodation offers an independent lifestyle and is more suitable for the long-stay student可知，self-catering accommodation 可以给学生提供一个独立的生活方式。故A选项正确。
【点睛】 本文细节题居多，答题时在文章找到对应的地方，用笔进行标记，这有利于后期有时间检查时可以立刻找到答案的位置。仔细理解作者所讲的意思，再结合选项，通过排除法和自己对全文的把握，选出正确答案。例如本文的第1小题，根据第三段可知，the host提供食宿，打扫卫生和被褥的更换，所以B,C,D选项均不正确。第2小题也是如此，根据文中原句可知，早餐是没有奶酪，肉和甜点的，所以只有C选项正确。
An abandoned girl named Sophie happens to see the big friendly giant (巨人) (BFG for short), who is running through the streets of London and “blowing dreams” to children late at night. The BFG is scared that the girl will give away his secret, so he takes Sophie back to his native Giant Country. In fact, the BFG is a kind-hearted vegetarian, but other giants in his native country like nothing more than eating humans. Sophie and the BFG try to stop these giants from continuing to eat humans. During this period, they become good friends.
Spielberg’s The BFG tells the tale of an unlikely friendship brought to life in an imaginary world. However, many people say the story is a bit too kid-friendly. Optimism is Spielberg’s typical tone, but the final victorious battle against the bad guys seems a little bit too easy. And when the BFG fights for the first time against the giants who have been hurting him, it seems confusing how he successfully drives away bad guys who are almost twice his size.
Spielberg does leave a little for adult viewers to digest. The BFG doesn’t want to be seen as a monster by humans，but in the end his own kind ends up caught and locp in isolation. Will he also be destined (注定) to spend the rest of his days in a remote place alone?
Despite being made for a younger audience, the film is still worth a watch. It doesn’t have gun-fights, death, explosions and the stuff that people seem to be interested in nowadays. But the film tas back to a more innocent time.