例：How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19.15 B. ￡9.18 C. ￡9.15
1. What is the most probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Husband and wife B. colleagues C. Teacher and student
2. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a hospital B. In a shop C. In a restaurant
3. What does the man think of his vacation?
A It is not good. B. It is wonderful. C. It is too tiring.
4. When will the plane take off?
A. At 10:10. B. At 10:15. C. At 10:30.
5. What is the man doing now?
A. Watching TV. B. Playing the computer. C. waking on a paper
6. What did the man do on Friday?
A. He had an English class. B. He attended a class activity.
C. He visited a museum of rocks.
7. Why is it very easy to find different rocks there?
A. Because it pets hot during the day, but it cools off very quickly at night,
B. Because there are many different rocks.
C. Because there are very few plants.
8. How many days does the man go to school every week in his country?
A. Five days. B. Five days and a half. C. Six days.
9. Where is the man going next?
A. To the canteen. B. To the library. C. To the dormitory.
10. How many nights will the man be staying?
A. 3 nights B. 4 nights C. 5 nights
11. What room does the man need?
A. A smoking room with a good view of the ocean.
B. A smoking room without facing the street.
C. A non-smoking room facing the street.
12. How much will the man pay?
A. $140 B. $456 C. $560
13. Where does the woman probably work?
A. At a university. B. At a house agency. C. At a supermarket.
14. What is the man’s requirement about the rent?
A. No more than 100 dollars a month. B. Less than 80 dollars a month.
C. More than 150 dollars a month.
15. What can we know about the second flat?
A. It’s smaller but more expensive. B. It has two bedrooms but it’s on a noisy street.
C. It’s a little far away from the university.
16. What will the man probably do next?
A. Rent the second flat. B. Go to see the second flat. C. Finish typing the material.
17. Who is Xiao Dong?
A. A postgraduate student learning in the UK.
B. An employee in a foreign company.
C. A graduate returning from the UK.
18. Why do many people with a foreign degree reject job offers in China?
A. Because the work in China is too demanding.
B. Because they can find better jobs abroad.
C. Because of the unsatisfactory salary offered by the companies.
19. What makes Xiao Dong doubt whether she made the right decision to go abroad?
A. Foreign companies don’t care much about her foreign experience or English language skills.
B. Many domestic graduates can meet the language requirements of companies.
C. Her major is not so good in the UK.
20. What is the man’s attitude toward learning abroad?
A. He thinks people should think twice before making the decision.
B. He thinks people should not expect too much.
C. He thinks it is still as golden as before.
Day tripping: discover the Thames Valley by train this summer
Footloose and fancy-free fun is what summer is all about and there's no better way to go on a stress-free day trip than by train. Here’s our pick of festivals and events that are an easy hop from London Paddington.
Blenheim Palace Food Festival Nearest station: Hanborough
Sinr teeth into local cheeses, slurp local ales（麦芽酒）and get inspired to cook with Oxfordshire produce at live demonstrations during this annual food festival, Better still, gather some goodies and go for a picnic within its beautiful parklands. Flowers more your thing? The Blenheim Palace Flower Show also takes place here, from June 22 to 24.
Marlow Dragon Boat Festival Nearest station: Marlow
Head down to the banks of the Thames early to bag a good spot to see the teams go head-to-head at this colourful dragon boat racing spectacle in Marlow. The free event, which is part of the wider ticketed Marlow Town Regatta（划船比赛）and Festival, promises to be a lively day out. There will be food stalls and free entertainment, too, to keep the cheering crowds amused.
Wokingham Festival Nearest station: Wokingham
Hop on the free shuttle bus from Wokingham train station to join in the good-old-fashioned fun at this charming community festival in Berkshire. Centering around Cantley Event Field, it promises a beer festival, live music, food stalls, and plenty to keep the little ones happy, from face painting to circus（马戏团）skills. Kids go free.
1. When will Blenheim Palace Flower Show take place?
A. From May 26 to 28. B. From June 22 to 24.
C. On June 17. D. August 24-26.
2. Which is NOT available on the Marlow Dragon Boat Festival?
A. Dragon boat racing. B. Foods.
C. Free entertainment. D. Live music.
3. It may be very attractive to kids to visit ________.
A. Blenheim Palace Food Festival B. Marlow Dragon Boat Festival
C. Workingham Festival D. Blenheim Palace Flower Festival
【答案】1. B 2. D 3. C
细节理解题。根据第二段最后一句The Blenheim Palace Flower Show also takes place here, from June 22 to 24.可知，the Blenheim Palace Flower Show将在6月22日至24日进行。
细节理解题。根据第三段二三句The free event, which is part of the wider ticketed Marlow Town