Unit2 The universal language单元测试
Unit 2 The universal language
1. In fact, newspaper editors sometimes do not even _____ control over large sections of their newspapers.
A. exercise B. make C. decline D. develop
2. ______ can you expect to get a pay rise.
A. With hard work B. Although work hard
C. Only with hard work D. Now that he works hard
3. John, _____ Mary is to blame for the matter.
A. rather than B. other than ore than D. less than
4. I am a _____ friend of his, because we all live very _____ to our school, and I know
very well that he sleeps with the windows ___ even in summer.
A. closing；close； close B. close；closely；closing
C. closing；closely；closed D. close；close；closed
5. It was _____ the ambulane _____ to the hospital.
A. until；that the boy was sent B. until；that was the boy sent
C. not until；that the boy was sent D. not until；that was the boy sent
6. ----The boss said we had only three days to finish the work.
----Don’t worry. We have already ______ two thirds of it.
A. got down B. got through C. given in D. given away
7. --Did they e to the biology laboratory ?
--I dont know. They __________ while I was out.
A. might have e B. might e
C. should have e D. must have e
8. I can’t see any coffee in this cupboard. ____?
A. Has it all been finished B. Was it all finished
C. Has it all finished D. Did it all finish
9. I was ___________ of crossing the road __________ the car accident happened.
A. around the time; when B. on the point; that
C. at the moment; when D. on the point; when
10. ------Shall we go to the art exhibition right away?
A. It’s your opinion B. I don’ t mind
C. It’s all up to you D. That’s your decision
11.You must keep on working in the evening,. ______ you are sure you can finish the
task in time
A. as B. if C. when D. unless
12. -----How do you find the book?
A. of great useful B. of very value
C. of great usefulness D. of great use
13. ------Who cleaned the classroom?
------We consider Tom ____ it.
A. to clean B. cleaning
C. to have cleaned D. to have been cleaning
14. ------How did you ____ with that idea?
------I read a book.
A. e up B. take off C. run over D. map
15. ------How many chapters does the book have?
------It ____ three chapters.
A. consists with B. consists of C. including D. is contained
16. ------How many books do you think he has?
------I think the books he has e to ____ 1000.
A. as much as B. as more as C. as long as D. as many as
17. ------Shall we meet tonight
------Sorry, I’m busy. How about_______ day?
A. every other B. the other C. any other D. some other
18. He was in hospital only because he was too excited at the fact ____ he won the first