1. What is the woman going to do?
A. Buy a car. B. Pick up her grandma. C. Draw some money.
2. What does the woman need to buy for skiing?
A. Gloves. B. Sunglasses. C. A scarf.
3. When is the man going to get married?
A. On May 3rd. B. On June 30th. C. On July 30th.
4. What does the man think of the studio apartment?
A. It is small. B. It is old. C. It is expensive.
5. Why does the man have much coffee?
A. He is thirsty. B. He is sleepy. C. He is addicted.
6. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. A teacher. B. An outing. C. A photo.
7. What does the girl say about her English teacher?
A. She is popular. B. She is not strict. C. She wears glasses
8. What does the woman want the man to do?
A. Help her with her work.
B. Teach her to use the phone.
C. Lend her his phone.
9. What is the relationship between the speakers?
A. Husband and wife. B. Salesman and customer. C. Co-workers.
10. How much is the adult ticket for the photography exhibitions only?
A. ￡ 6. B. ￡5. C. ￡10.
11. Where is the Hillside Gallery?
A. Beside the Town Square. B. On Gardenia Road. C. On Flower Street.
12. How will the woman go to the gallery?
A. By subway. B. By bus. C. By car.
13. Where did the woman get her information about “smart” cars?
A. From a TV programme. B. From a magazine article. C. From a newspaper report.
14. What is the purpose of the voice on “smart” cars?
A. To give directions.
B. To explain traffic rules.
C. To warn the driver of dangers.
15. What does the man imply about his brother?
A. He owns a “smart” car.
B. He doesn’t know the way to the woman’s house.
C. He has a good sense of direction.
16. Why was the man delayed on his way to the woman’s house?
A. He met with an accident.
B. He got lost.
C. He ran out of gas.
17. Where did Gandhi study law?
A. In London. B. In Bombay. C. In Porbandar.
18. What was Gandhi’s dream before 1947?
A. Gaining India’s independence.
B. Becoming the leader of a political party.
C. Living in South Africa.
19. What can we learn about Gandhi?
A. He once fought for black people’s rights in South Africa.
B. He never followed other politicians’ methods in his fight.
C. He didn’t fight for Indian people’s rights until returning to India.
20. What makes Gandhi remain an inspiration to people?
A. His dream of freedom.
B. His political power.
C. His strong beliefs.
People who buy solar panels (嵌板）for their home hope to help the environment and save some money. But they end up with large metal boxes on their roof. Tesla, a car company, solved the problem. The solution is the Solar Roof. It is a series of tiles (瓦) made to look like traditional roofing material while using the power of the sun. Tesla developed it with SolarCity, a longtime provider of solar panels. It is now available to the public.
Echo gives users the ability to talk to their tech. Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana do that too. But in many ways，Amazon’s version，Alexa, which is built into Echo，is more powerful. Alexa has grown since it was put on the market in 2014, and today, you can use it to turn on the lights, order a pizza, and more. Echo costs $ 180. Amazon recently developed a junior version, the $ 50 Echo Dot.
Spin and Roll
Goodyear is reinventing the wheel. It introduced its Eagle 360 spherical tire (球形轮胎) in March, 2016. The tires allow cars to move in many directions, including sideways, and at angles to handle slippery surfaces. The key is magnetic levitation (磁悬浮). Tires are fixed to cars, but Eagle 360s float beneath them. They’re meant for self-driving cars of tomorrow.
Jeff Woolf had a serious bike crash. If he hadn’t been wearing his helmet, he would have been badly hurt. He wondered why so many riders didn’t wear helmets. That turns out it was mostly because helmets were big and hard to carry around. Woolf, an engineer, came up with Morpher. The helmet is made from interwoven plastics (交错编织的塑料). It is strong, but it’s also flexible enough to fold almost totally flat. That makes it easy to carry. Morpher is priced at $ 119.
1. What we can know about the Solar Roof?
A. It is designed for cars. B. It is currently on the market.
C. It is costly but energy-saving. D. It consists of large metal boxes.
2. What can users do with their Alexa?
A. Chat with their friends. B. Control their tech through voice.
C. Reduce noise in their home. D. Save money on their purchases.
3. What do we know about the Eagle 360?
A. It is fastened to cars. B. It is a self-driving system.
C. It is environmentally-friendly. D. It is intended for autonomous cars.
4. What is good about Morpher?
A. It prevents bike crashes. B. It is conveniently foldable.
C. It can be bought worldwide. D. It is cheaper than traditional helmets.
【答案】1. B 2. B 3. D 4. B
1. 细节理解题。根据第一段It is now available to the public.可知solar roof 已经上市，被公众使用，所以B正确。
2. 细节理解题。根据文章第二段and today, you can use it to turn on the lights, order a pizza, and more.可知我们可以利用Alexa来开灯，点外卖等，即利用声音操控高科技。
3. 细节理解题。根据文章第三段最后一句话They’re meant for self-driving cars of tomorrow.可知这种轮胎是为无人驾驶汽车准备的，所以D正确。
4. 细节理解题。根据文章最后一段It is strong, but it’s also flexible enough to fold almost totally flat. That makes it easy to carry.可知Morpher，可弯曲，容易折叠，容易携带，所以B正确。