Unit 1 Cultural relics知识点
1. cultural relics 文化遗产
Many unearthed cultural relics were exhibited at the museum.
2. rare and valuable 珍贵稀有
3. in search of 寻找，寻求 = in search for
4. in the fancy style 以别致的风格 in … style/ in the style of ……以……风格
7. be designed for …为……而设计
by design 故意地
8. belong to 属于
9. in return 作为回报/报答/交换
in turn 依次地，轮流的；转而，反过来
10. a troop of 一群11. become part of… 变成……的一部分分。
12. serve as
、o、have sth done
We had the machine repaired.
15. In 1770 the room was completed the way she wanted. 1770年，这间琥珀屋按照她的要求完成了。 ( I was never allowed to do things the way /that/ in which I wanted. 我从来不允许按照自己的想法去做事情。)
16. Sadly, although the Amber Room was considered one of the wonders of the world, it is missing. 可悲的是，尽管琥珀屋被认为是世界上的一大奇迹之一，可是现在它却消失了。
I am considering going abroad. 我正在考虑出国。
I consider it a great honor.我认为这是极大的荣幸。
We consider that the driver is not to blame. 我们认为这不是司机的过错。
17. be at war 处于战争状态,交战
18. remove some furture and small art objects 把一些家具和小件艺术品搬走
He removed the mud from his shoes. 他去掉鞋上的泥。
This old table is a valuable piece of furniture. 这张旧桌子是一件很珍贵的家具。
19. in less than two days 在不到两天的时间里
20. There is no doubt that the boxes were then put on a train for… 毫无疑问，这些箱子后来被装上了运往……的火车。
There is no doubt that she will keep her word.毫无疑问她会遵守诺言的.
There is no doubt that Taiwan belongs to China. 这是毫无疑问的,台湾属于中国。
There is no doubt that she is capable of the job.她能胜任这个工作,这是毫无疑问的.
21. After that, what happened to the Amber Room remains a mystery. 从那以后，琥珀屋的去处便成了一个谜。
These matters remain in doubt. 这些事情仍然值得怀疑
He's determined to remain loyal to the team whatever comes his way. 他决心不管发生什么事都忠于球队。
Peter became a judge but John remained a fisherman. 彼得当了法官，但约翰仍然是个渔民。