第一部分 听力（满分30分）（共20小题, 每小题1.5分, 满分30分）
1. What does the man do most weekends?
A. He goes shopping. B. He visits museums. C. He watches matches.
2. What does the man suggest the woman do?
A. Report to the police. B. Go back to look for it. C. Buy a new one.
3. What will the woman do first?
A. Go to the library. B. Go to the classroom. C. Go to the teachers’ office.
4. How many languages can the woman speak up to now?
A. Two. B. Three. C. Four
5. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Manager and employee. C. Classmates.
6. What is the man asking the woman for?
A. Help with his research.
B. Advice on his job interview.
C. Advice on the company’s products.
7. What is the woman always ready to do?
A. Wear casual clothes.
B. Learn more about the company.
C. Go shopping with the man.
8. What does the woman want to borrow?
A. A notebook. B. A dictionary. C. Some money.
9. How long does the woman work every evening?
A. For two hours. B. For three hours. C. For four hours.
10. How long has the man lived in this area?
A. For 5 years. B. For 10 years. C. For 20 years.
11. How far is the gas station from the place where the two speakers are?
A. About half a mile.
B. About two miles.
C. About two and a half miles
12. What can be known about the gas station?
A. It has a red roof. B. It is very large. C. It is very small.
13. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. Buy a sports car. B. Buy a small family car. C. Sell his family car.
14. What season is it at the moment?
A. It is spring. B. It is autumn. C. It is winter.
15. What’s the possible relationship between the speakers?
A. Husband and wife. B. Father and daughter. C. Friends.
16. Why doesn’t the man want to get a new car?
A. For the high price. B. For the season. C. For his feeling to the old one.
17. Why did the lady want the pianist to sing?
A. She knew he could sing well.
B. She was tired of listening to the piano.
C. She wanted to make him famous.
18. When did the pianist know he had a talent for singing?
A. That night after his first singing.
B. Long before he played the piano in the bar.
C. After he became a famous pianist.
19. What happened to the pianist at last?
A. He had his own piano bar.
B. He continued to play the piano in the bar.
C. He became a well-known singer in America.
20. Which of the following will the author of the passage agree on?
A. Everyone should mall use of his talent.
B. Few people have real talent.
C. People will succeed if they have talent.
You can use your smartphone to get pretty much anything delivered directly to your door almost immediately. The hardest part is the process of trying to wort if you should tip and if so, doing the quick math before you get to the door. And, you know well that you should tip about 15-20% at restaurants, but do the same rules apply to delivery drivers?
The co-founder of Grubhub, Matt Maloney, pretty much set the standard for tipping delivery people in a Facebook post. He’s a strong supporter of tipping, and Grubhub’s website suggests a $5 or a 20% tip. Maloney also said this number should go up if you order during, say, a snowstorm.
However, most other delivery services say on their websites that tipping is not required. Some services, like Door Dash, do suggest no tip on their checkout window. Many, like Amazon Prime Now, allow customers to change their tip amount after their delivery has been received to reflect the quality of service. These companies help customers save money but delivery drivers are upset. They deal with bad weather, heavy traffic, extreme tiredness, and more, all for a $1 tip. Many feel that if you’d tip your pizza boy or girl, you should tip your delivery driver.