Everybody should have some first aid ability,because accidents and medical emergencies can happen anywhere at any time.St John First Aid courses give you the knowledge and confidence to provide effective first aid whenever it is needed.
First Aid Level l
Ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic first aid or needs to renew their first aid qualification（资格）.Courses can be held at St John or your workplace.
Fee: $162 (include CST)
Duration: eight hours
First Aid Level 2
Include all course content from First Aid Level 1,plus an addition half day.Ideal for special first aiders,health and safety managers and anyone who needs a first aid qualification .
Fee: $ 235 (include GST)
Pre - Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC)
Advanced training for first aiders who already hold unit standards 6400 and 6402.Ideal for people who require advanced first aid skills or a pre - hospital emergency care (PHEC) qualification for their work.
Fee: $635 (includes CST)
Duration: three days
Child First Aid
Ideal for parents,grandparents and other family caregivers.A recognized qualification for childcare workers.
Fee: $65 (includes CST)
Duration: four hours
Outdoor First Aid
First aid response to accidents and medical emergencies in the wilderness.For groups of eight or more.
Duration: one to two days depending on experience
Sports First Aid
First aid response for common sporting injuries and medical emergencies.Include ACC injury prevention advice.
Fee: $65 (includes GST) (If you are a trainer,you can get a 20% discount.)
Duration: eight hours
1. If you are going to camp,which course should you choose in advance（提前）?
A. Children First Aid. B. Sports First Aid.
C. First Aid Levell. D. Outdoor First Aid.
2. If you are a football coach,how much will your spend in learning first aid for sporting injuries and medical emergencies?
A. $162. B. $78.
C. $65. D. $52.
3. Pre - Hospital Emergency Care teaches people about .
A. first aid in children B. basic emergency care
C. advanced first aid skills D. injury prevention methods
4. If you want to learn basic first,you need to .
A. know a little first aid B. take the course at St John
C. have a first aid qualification D. spend 8 hours on the course
【答案】1. D 2. D 3. C 4. D
【解析】本文是一篇说明文。告诉我们每个人都应该掌握一定的急救技巧以便在需要时使用，然后介绍了St John First Aid courses中五种不同类型的急救。
1. 推理判断题。文章中有五个不同类型的急救类型，going to camp属于户外的活动，因此要选择户外的急救课程。故选D
2. 细节理解题。“a football coach”，足球教练说明应该选择运动急救课程，在“Sports First Aid”中可以得知，费用为$65 ，但后面的“If you are a trainer,you can get a 20% discount.”，推断出足球教练可以享受20%的折扣，即52元。故选D
3. 细节理解题。从First Aid Level 2 中可以找到Pre – Hospital Emergency Care，由“Ideal for people who require advanced first aid skills or a pre - hospital emergency care (PHEC) qualification for their work.”可以得知，教给了人们提前的急救技巧。故选C
4. 细节理解题。由“Ideal for anyone who wants to learn basic first aid or needs to renew their first aid qualification”可以得知，基础的急救知识与First Aid Level l有关，这一课程需要八个小时。故选D
You may not know a lot of people when you start senior school.Even if you know some freshmen（新生）,you still feel nervous that you don't know any upperclassmen or teachers.How are you going to make friends among this sea of unknown faces?
Most senior schools hold a freshman orientation（迎新会）before school actually starts.It is helpful not only because you learn your way around the building and get to meet fellow freshmen.That way,when you show up on your first day of school,you may already recognize a few familiar faces.
When you talk to people in t.he orientation,you'll probably find that a lot of them are feeling just li are. They're all new to the school and don't know what to expect.Talking about a common concern with your classmates can help you develop friendships.
The work in senior school is something freshmen are probably worried about.The work in senior school builds on what you learned in junior school,giving you a more advanced knowledge of many subjects.So you may find you have more work to do or that it's a bit more challenging.If you ever find your work too difficult,teachers can give you extra help.
Senior school also has more extracurricular activities than middle school did such as clubs,music and theater groups and sports teams.This is a good time to explore your interests and try new things.