Module 9 Great inventions
Unit 1 Will computers be used more than books in the future?
1. Words: borrow,website,mail,textbook,mainly,page,electronic,powerful,memory,full,fix,
instructions, lend, properly
2. Expressions: put up, thousands of
1. To listen and read the materials about computer.
2. To make a dialogue about the wide use of the computer.www.21-cn-jy.com
1. To arose Ss’ interest in great inventions.
2. To make Ss be proud of our great inventions in our country.21*cnjy*com
3. To make Ss love our country and study hard.
PWP method, task-based method and interactive approach
A tape recorder, multimedia and some pictures
Step 1 Leading-in
Ss look the pictures and answer the questions.
Step 2 Presentation
Look and say. The teacher shows the pictures of new words and let the students to say as soon as possible.
Step 3 Look and say
Look at the pictures and answer the questions in pairs.
1. How have these inventions changed people’s lives?
2. Which one do you think is the most important?
3. What other important inventions can you think of?
Step 4 Listening
1. Listen and complete the sentences.
1 Linging loves her mobile phone because she can ______________.
2 All of Daming’s friends’ numbers are _______ in his phone.
3 Today’s cameras are better than old cameras because they do not ________ and the photos can ______________.
4 Lingling thinks everything ___________ by computer to some degree, so the computer is __________________ invention.21世纪教育网版权所有
2. Listen to Part 3 and answer the following questions.
1. What will Tony do on the school visit to the museum?
2. Where did we get mainly information in the past?
Step 5 Reading
1. Find out the sentences which belong to the passive voice in the dialogue.
1. They’ll be put up on the school website.
2. And they can be seen on the Internet by other classes.
3. Will computers be used more than books in the future?
2. Now read the summary of the conversation. Underline the wrong information and correct it.
Tony wants to borrow his father’s camera and take some photos of the school dance and the basketball match. The photos will be shown in the school magazine. Tony’s dad lends the camera. He promises Tony to look after it.21•cn•jy•com
3. Find the sentences in the conversation which mean:
1 Changing the subject, can I get the camera?
2. It is not a problem. I will use another memory card.
3 I will do what you tell me to do.
4. Answer the questions.
electronic fix instruction invention lend mail page website
1 How do you fix a camera if the memory is full?
2 When do you need to read the instructions?
3 How often do you send messages by mail?
4 How many pages does this book have?
5 Which website do you often go to when you get online?
6 What is an example of electronic technology?
7 When you lend something to someone, what do they have to do later?
8 What do you think is the most important invention in human history?
Step 6 Everyday English
Let Ss say the everyday English that they have learnt in the passage.
• I wonder …
• Here it is.
Step 7 Language points
1. Can I borrow your camera?