1. Tom is a book lover. ______ likes reading very much.
A. He B. She C. You D. It
2. John usually gets up at seven __________ the morning.
A. on B. at C. in D. of
3. — is the book?
— It’s $ 6.95.
A. How old B. How long C. How high D. How much
4. — Which do you like ______, tea, coffee or orange juice?
—A cup of coffee, please.
A. good B. best C. well D. better
5. —Can you speak Japanese?
—No, I ______.
A. can’t B. shouldn’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
6. My brother ______ exercise every day and he likes sports very much.
A. did B. does C. will do D. is doing
7. —I didn’t see you yesterday. Where did you go?
— I ___________ to visit my grandmother.
A. go B. will go C. went D. have gone
8. My mother _________ when I got home yesterday.
A. cook B. will cook C. cooked D. was cooking
9. iet, please. The baby ____________.
A. sleeps B. is sleeping C. will sleep D. slept
10. Lucy is my friend. She in this school since she came here.
A. has studied B. will study C. am studying D. studied
11. A new library in my college next year.
A. builds B. built C. is built D. will be built
12. — Ann, could you tell me ______ yesterday?
— Oh, I went to the supermarket near my home.
A. where did you go B. where will you go
C. where you went D. where you will go
I used to have little passion (激情) in my life. But what happened the other day changed my mind. It was then that I learned how 13 it is to have a passion in life.
That day 1 went home in Mom’s car. When Mom 14 at a red light, someone on the side of the road caught my eye. It was a man dressed in rags (破旧衣服). He was homeless. That didn’t interest me, because I had seen many like him before. Those people usually loonhappy and hopeless.
But this man was different in some way. He was not sitting down with a sad expression. Instead, he had a 15 in his hand and was dancing happily to the music. The radio seemed to be the most precious (珍贵的) thing he had.
“Mom, why does that man 16 a radio though he’s homeless?” I asked.
“He bought it.” She replied.
“But why doesn’t he use the money to buy food or clothes? He 17 for something that he didn’t need.”
“Well, Sarah, sometimes food and clothes aren’t the most important.”
That man must care so much about 18 for that he bought a radio instead of food or clothes. I soon realized that 19 is the key to life.
Since then I am always thinking of what is truly important in life. A home, a meal, clothes—these things are not 20 parts of the life. What we often forget is that we all need a joy, a light in a dark day. We all need a passion which gives a person the happiness they need to keep going.
13. A. strange B. dangerous C. important D. difficult
14. A. walked B. stopped C. stood D. exercised
15. A. radio B. phone C. scarf D. hat
16. A. have B. use C. care D. like
17. A. asked B. waited C. paid D. looked
18. A. stories B. music C. news D. languages
19. A. happiness B. friendship C. knowledge D. health
20. A. only B. also C. all D. never
Here are some interesting places for you to enjoy yourself in while you are staying in Beijing.
Here is the timetable of science activities in the Children’s Palace.
19:00 — 21:30
Space and Man
Dr. Thomas West
Would you like to know more about the outer space? Tuesday(5 weeks)
Mr. Brown from Italy
Learn to take good pictures, please bring your own camera. Wednesday(12 weeks)
18:30 — 21:00
Prof. Harry Morison From Oxford University
Learn how to use Windows 2000.
Thursday (4 weeks)
19:00 — 21:00
Prof. Lucy Green
Would you like to know medical advances? Saturday(16 weeks)
14:00 — 17:00
Prof. Rose Beet
Do you want to learn the technical words and articles? Sunday (2 weeks)
8:30 — 11:30
Exhibition of Personal Inventions
You can see many inventions by the students; you may also bring your own inventions.