1. Where is the man’s mother now?
A. At home. B. In a hospital. C. At a bus stop.
2. Where is the man going first?
A. To the Healey Supermarket. B. To the airport. C. To Canada.
3. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In a clothing store B. In a restaurant C. In a bookstore
4. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. Diving. B. Drawing. C. Driving
5. Why is the woman preparing so much food?
A. It’s the man’s birthday.
B. The woman wants to thank the man.
C. The man can eat a lot.
6. Where did the man meet Claudia?
A. On the Internet. B. At a music store. C. At a class discussion
7. What is the relationship between the man and Claudia?
A. Web friends. B. Close friends. C. Boyfriend and girlfriend.
8. What does the woman suggest about greeting Claudia?
A. Arriving on time. B. Using her family name. C. Bringing her some flowers
9. Where are probably the speakers?
A. In a theatre. B. At a store. C. In a street.
10. What does the man want to buy?
A. Food B. Clothes. C. Furniture.
11. Which is next to the theatre?
A. A hotel B. The City Hall. C. The post office.
12. Why is the man surfing the Internet?
A. To get major news. B. To learn English. C. To get information.
13. What does the man prefer?
A. Engineering. B. Economics. C. Medicine.
14. When does the conversation probably take place?
A. On February 28. B. On March 30. C. On April 6.
15. How is the man going to Sun College?
A. By bike. B. On foot. C. By car.
16. How far is it from Main street to Water Squre?
A. A few yards. B. 2 blocks away. C. 20 minutes’ walk.
17. Where will the man have to ask the way again?
A. At Rain Avenue. B. At Mass Hospital. C. At the Farmers’ Bank.
18. Where does the speaker most probably make the speech?
A. At the party. B. At a reception. C. At a conference.
19. What is Mr Brown?
A. A businessman. B. An assistant manager. C. A government official.
20. Why are Mr Brown and his party coming to England?
A. To part from his friends. B. To pay an informal visit. C. To seek new cooperation.
21. As long ago as the fourteenth century, an Englishman, Sir John Hawkwood, made the ______ discovery that people would rather pay large sums of money than have their life work destroyed by gangsters.
A.extreme B. complex C. dull D. remarkable
22. ______ to frighten the poor man, Mrs. Richards quickly hid in the small storeroom under the stairs.
A. Not wanted B. Wanted not C. Not wanting D. Wanting not
23. While David sometimes has trouble getting along with his parents and even argues with them, his parents love him_______.
A. no less B. no more C. not so much D. not so little