第I卷 ( 选择题, 共90分)
1. What does Miss Jones teach?
A. B. C.
2. What sport does Ricky like to watch?
A. B. C.
3. How will Frank go from Beijing to Guangzhou?
A. B. C. C.
4.What time did the man say they should meet?
A. B. C. C.
5. Where will they go for a walk tomorrow?
A. On the beach. B. In the park. C. In the countryside.
6. What will happen if the man keeps singing loudly?
A. He will get tired. B. He will lose his voice. C. He will catch a cold.
7. Why does Amy want to buy the scarf?
A. She thinks it is beautiful. B. It will be warm in winter. C. It is very cheap.
8. What is the woman looking for?
A. A bookshop called Sunshine. B. A block of flats called Sunnyside.
C. A shopping mall called Sunlight.
9. What has the man done many times before?
A. He has swum across the river. B. He has jumped over the gate.
C. He has climbed the tree.
10. How is Millie feeling?
A. Maybe she feels nervous. B. Maybe she feels ill.
C. Maybe she feels sleepy.
11. From where can they see a long way?
A. The bathroom. B. The balcony. C. The kitchen.
12. What does the man think of climbing the stairs?
A. It is great fun. B. It is boring. C. It helps to keep fit.
New York City
Things they have done They have seen the Statue of Liberty, the United Nations building and 13 .
Things they will do They will see a famous 14 tonight.
They will 15 on the last day.
13. A. Times Square B. Central Park C. Wall Street
14. A. show B. film C. match
15. A. go shopping B. visit a friend C. rest at the hotel
16. Why is Eddie’s father in hospital?
A. He was hit by a motorcycle. B. He was hurt in a bus accident.
C. A car hit him while he was walking.
17. What do the doctors say about his leg?
A. It is not too serious. B. It is very serious. C. It doesn’t need an operation at all.
18. How long should Eddie’s father stay in hospital?
A. For one week only. B. For one month. C. For at least two weeks.
19. What do Eddie and his mother bring him every day?
A. Fruit and a newspaper. B. Food and paper C. Snacks and magazines.
20. What should Eddie’s father not do?
A. Feel sorry for himself. B. Follow the doctor’s treatment. C. Take his medicine.
21. — I dream to build university on Mars some day.
— It sounds like unusual dream. I wish it can come true.
A. a; a B. an; a C. a; an D. an; an
22. — It’s quite clever ___you____ out the difficult problem. — Than.
A. for; working B. for; to work C. of; working D. of; to work
23. — Which would you rather_________, tea or coffee? —I ________coffee.
A. to drink; prefer B. drinld rather C. drink；prefer D. drinking; would like
24.—The colour fits her. She looks lovely _________ blue.
—That’s right. But I think pink looks more lovely__________ her.
A. in; in B. in; on C. on; on D. on; in
25. Could you please tell me a parents’ meeting next week?
A. if is there going to be B. if there is going to have
C. whether there is going to have D. whether there is going to be
26. ______ I failed, I never ______.
A. Since; lost my heart B. Since; lost heart
C. Although; lost my heart D. Although; lost heart
27. Many students don’t know ________their problems, so they often feel stressed.
A. how to deal with B. how to do with C. what to do D. how to do
28. We be too careful when we are driving on the highway.
A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. shouldn’t
29. I think _______ necessary for us_________.
A. it; to keep exercising B. it’s; to keep exercising
C. it; keeping exercising D. A & B
30. He speaks _________English _______ French. Instead, he speaks German.
A. neither; nor B. not only; but also C. both; and D. either; or
31. The scientists ________most of their time _______ the research.
A. devoted; into doing B. devoted; to do
C. devoted; to doing D. devoted; for doing
32. Mr and Mrs Wang are _________, _______ they decide to have a second child after the Chinese government encourages the citizens to do it.
A. in their forty; although B. in their forties; although