1. What does John find difficult in learning German?
A. Pronunciation. B. Vocabulary. C. Grammar.
2. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Colleagues. B. Brother and sister. C. Teacher and student.
3. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a bank. B. At a ticket office. C. On a train.
4. What are the speakers talking about?
A. A restaurant. B. A street. C. A dish.
5. What does the woman think of her interview?
A. It was tough. B. It was interesting. C. It was successful.
6. When will Judy go to a party?
A. On Monday. B. On Tuesday. C. On Wednesday.
7. What will Max do next?
A. Fly a kite. B. Read a magazine. C. Do his homework.
8. What does the man suggest doing at first?
A. Going to a concert. B. Watching a movie. C. Playing a computer game.
9. What do the speakers decide to do?
A. Visit Mike. B. Go boating. C. Take a walk.
10. Which color do cats see better than humans?
A. Red. B. Green. C. Blue.
11. Why do cats bring dead birds home?
A. To eat them in a safe place.
B. To show off their hunting skills.
C. To make their owners happy.
12. How does the man sound at the end of the conversation?
A. Grateful. B. Humorous. C. Curious.
13. Who is Macy?
A. Ed’s mother. B. Ed’s teacher. C. Ed’s friend.
14. How does Ed usually go to kindergarten?
A. By car. B. On foot. C. By bus.
15. What does Ed enjoy doing at the kindergarten?
A. Telling stories. B. Singing songs. C. Playing with others.
16. What do the teachers say about Ed?
A. He’s clever. B. He’s quiet. C. He’s brave.
17. At what age did Emily start learning ballet?
A. Five. B. Six. C. Nine.
18. Why did Emily move to Toronto?
A. To work for a dance school.
B. To perform at a dance theater.
C. To learn contemporary dance.
19. Why did Emily quit dancing?
A. She was too old to dance. B. She failed to get a scholarship. C. She lost interest in it.
20. How does Emily feel about stopping training?
A. She’s pleased. B. She’s regretful. C. She’s upset.
第二部分 英语知识运用 (共两节, 满分35分)
21. Currently, some overseas universities are simply selling diplomas to Chinese students ________ their academic performance, so China should check in a regular basis.
A．on account of B．in addition to
C．in relation to D．regardless of
22. He is easy to get along with. that , he is a determined boy.
Which of the following is wrong?
A. In addition B. Besides C. In addition to D. Apart from
23. —Can you help me with the maths homework, mom?
—You can’t always other’s help for your home work. Do it by yourself this time.
A. wait on B. rely on C. insist on D. turn on
24. — Can I as a few straightforward questions about yourself?
— Sure. I like ________ when people are open and direct.
A．that B．this C．it D．them
25. I don’t think it is teachers who _________ for giving students too much pressure.
A. are to blame B. are going to blame C. are to be blamed D. should blame
26. —What do you suppose made her worried? —________a gold ring.
A．Lose B．Lost C．Losing D．Because of losing
27. The two drivers ______ about who was to blame for the crash for over two hours when the police arrived on the spot.
A. were arguing B. having been arguing C argued D. had been arguing
28. It is a good plan in theory, but it remains whether it works in practice.
A. to see B. to be seen C. seeing D. seen
29. While building a tunnel through the mountain, _______.
A. an underground lake was discovered B. there was an discovered underground
C. a lake was discovered underground D. the workers discovered an underground lake