1. Where does this conversation most probably take place?
A. In an operation room. B. In a doctor’s office. C. In a professor’s office.
2. What did the woman say about the electronic dictionary?
A. She doesn’t have one. B. It’s very good. C. She bought it last week.
3. Where is Bill’s house?
A. Near a train station. B. Near a bus stop. C. Near an airport.
4. What is the man’s problem?
A. He has not taken his bank card.
B. He can’t find a place to draw some money.
C. He forgets the password of his bank card.
5. What is the woman doing?
A. Making an invitation. B. Making a suggestion. C. Making a request.
6. How old is the woman’s grandfather?
A. 65 years old. B. 67 years old. C. 69 years old.
7. What did the woman’s grandfather repair last week?
A. A hair dryer. B. A kettle. C. A clock.
8. How long would the assistant need to work each week?
A. Four hours. B. Six hours. C. Ten hours.
9. What will the woman do right now?
A. Fill out a job application.
B. Change her class schedule.
C. Organize the CDs on the shelves.
10. When can the man tat old newspapers?
A. On Tuesday. B. On Thursday. C. On Friday.
11. How often can the man tat batteries?
A. Once a month. B. Twice a month. C. Three times a month.
12. What’s the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Neighbors. B. Teacher and student. C. Manager and client.
13. What is the woman probably doing?
A. Interviewing a movie star.
B. Discussing teenage problems.
C. Hosting a program.
14. When did James Dean move to California?
A. In 1931. B. In 1936. C. In 1951.
15. What did James Dean do at college in California?
A. He first acted in plays. B. He did more stage acting. C. He got seriously into acting.
16. What do we know about James Dean?
A. He lost his life in a car accident.
B. He was best at acting in tragedies.
C. He made numerous popular movies.
17. What does the speaker do?
A. A bank clerk. B. A teacher. C. A writer.
18. What does the speaker like doing at airports?
A. Watching people. B. Telling stories. C. Reading magazines.
19. What did the speaker learn from the newspaper that day?
A. A valuable suitcase was missing.
B. A man stole money from a bank.
C. A woman ran away from home.
20. What might the woman do at the airport?
A. She was travelling on business.
B. She was seeing the man off.
C. She was leaving for Greece.
1. In many situations voice is far more convenient and natural than any other of communication.
A. means B. approach
C. solution D. sense
【解析】考查名词。A. means手段，方法；B. approach方法，途径；C. solution解决方案；D. sense感觉。means指实现目的的任何手段，或使用某种交通工具的方式。approach指待人接物或思考问题的方式、方法、态度， 常用approach to sth. 句意：在许多情况下，声音比其他任何交流方式都更方便、更自然。此处指交流方式，故选A.
2. I know daydreaming benefits invention, but the fact that it has no solid evidence.
A. will be remaining B. remained
C. remains D. had remained.
3. Photos are magical in that they can have us seeing moments from the past they were frozen in time.
A. when B. in case
C. unless D. as if
【解析】考查连词。A. when当…时；B. in case万一，假使；C. unless除非；D. as if似乎，好像。句意：照片是神奇的，因为它们能让我们看到过去的时刻，就好像它们被时间冻结了一样。此处表示似乎，好像，故选D.
4. With electric vehicles becoming popular, charging stations are in parking garages and public spaces.
A. springing up B. dropping out