1. Which activity will the man lake part in?
A. Playing in a band. B. Street dancing. C. Singing.
2. What might the woman have?
A. Beef. B. Lamb. C. Fish.
3. When will the woman come tomorrow?
A. At about 9:00 a.m. B. At about 11:00 a.m. C. At about 12:00 p.m.
4. Why are few people calling to see the apartment?
A. The price is high. B. It is far from the city center.
C. Too many people live there.
5. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
A. Whales. B. The weather. C. A voyage.
6. What is the man?
A. A policeman. B. A salesman. C. A student.
7. What is in the woman’s bag?
A. Some money. B. An ID card. C. A few books.
8. How did the man know the cause of the traffic jam?
A. He phoned the hotline. B. He listened to broadcast news.
C. He checked the online information.
9. What does the man mean in the end?
A. The traffic lights will get repaired soon.
B. It’ll take long for the road to be clear again.
C. The woman will be in time for her daughter’s birthday.
10. What does the man think of the information on the Internet?
A. It is useless. B. It is unreliable. C. It is not specific enough.
13. How does the man advise the woman to gel information of the school?
A. By visiting the school. B. By making telephone calls.
C. By talking with the graduate students.
12. What should the questions focus on according to the man?
A. Teachers. B. Courses. C. Special training.
13. What is the relationship between the speakers?
A. Interviewer and interviewee.
B. Teacher and student.
14. Why does the woman recommend the topic of employment?
A. It is a hot topic in local news.
B. She has done a lot of work on it.
C. It is popular with most students.
15. What do we know about the clothes made by Stone’s Throw?
A. They are low-priced.
B. They are of high quality,
C. They are made from local sources.
16. Why did Stone’s Throw lose money?
A. The workers reduced a lot in number.
B. Local people didn’t buy their clothes.
C. It had marketed itself wrongly.
17. Where is the speaker?
A. In a hotel. B. On a plane. C. In a travel agency.
18. What is good about the Swan Hotel?
A. Its position is ideal for travelling abroad.
B. Its rooms are comfortable and low-priced.
C. Its surroundings are suitable for entertainment.
19. Where is the Backpacker Hotel?
A. Beside an airport.
B. Close to a shopping center.
C. Near an underground station.
20. What can we learn about the Backpacker Hotel?
A. A fax machine is provided in a special room.
B. Cash and cheques are both accepted there.
C. Internet service is offered in each room.
1. that his father would come back soon, the little boy calmed down.
A. Having convinced B. Convincing
C. Being convinced D. Convinced
【解析】考查非谓语动词。句意：小男孩在确认他的爸爸会很快回来后平静了下来。前后句没有连词可以判断出用非谓语动词，根据前后主语一致，convince sb that + 句子-----使某人确信，小男孩与确信之间是被动关系，用过去分词形式。故选D。
2. Due to the of this medical technology, some diseases can be treated at the early stage.
A. appreciation B. application
C. appointment D. approach
3. — Will you be able to see Lucy’s parents when the first class is over?
—I’m afraid not. I a lecture on Chinese literature in the hall.
A. will attend B. am going to attend
C. will be attending D. am attending
4. Don’t always put me on the spot like this. You know, because of my duty, I can’t give away