1. Where does this conversation most probably take place?
A. At school. B. In a department store. C. At the Lost and Found.
2. What does the woman suggest?
A. Waiting at the corner. B. Ignoring the mistake. C. Calling the hotel.
3. What’s the main reason for buying a jacket now?
A. It will be cold.
B. They will have no money left.
C. She may not find her size later.
4. Where will the man stay when studying abroad?
A. In a host family. B. In an apartment. C. In a dormitory.
5. What are the woman and the man doing?
A. They are visiting another town.
B. They are waiting for someone.
C. They are talking about an accident.
6. What does the mother want David to do?
A. To get the bottle on the top of the shelf.
B. To get the cover off the bottle.
C. To pick up some clothes.
7. Why was David’s father out?
A. Because he was working.
B. Because he went out to tambrella.
C. Because he went to the cleaner’s.
8. What is the possible relationship between the man and the woman?
A. Teacher and student. B. Close friends. C. Doctor and patient.
9. Why is it hard for the woman to reduce some weight?
A. Because her husband is feeding her.
B. Because she is still working.
C. Because she has no time for physical exercise.
10. What does Jessica’s husband think of her?
A. She is too fat. B. She works too hard. C. She could change her job.
11. What do people usually agree on?
A. Rich children have more resources and advantages.
B. Many rich children are qualified to do many jobs.
C. Rich children are born without pressure.
12. Why is Tony sad?
A. People think he was born lucky.
B. People think he is too proud.
C. He has few advantages.
13. What does Tony think of himself?
A. He’s too nervous to speak before the hostess.
B. He’s competitive and promising.
C. He’s confident, satisfied and proud.
14. Why does the woman want to sell her house?
A. She’s tired of living there.
B. She wants to live in a quiet country.
C. She has retired and is short of money.
15. How much does the woman want for her house?
A. $ 15,000. B. $ 50,000. C. $ 150,000.
16. What does the man thint buying the house?
A. He can’t afford the house.
B. He must discuss with his wife.
C. He isn’t satisfied with the house.
17. What can we learn from the text?
A. Many young people arc out of worstralia.
B. It’s easy for young people to find jobs in Australia.
C. Young people don’t have to worstralia.
18. What will happen to a person with good final examination results in Australia?
A. He or she can find a good job more easily.
B. He or she can’t continue with his or her education.
C. It is difficult for him or her to find a job.
19. Why hasn’t Brain found a job so far?
A. There are fewer jobs in Australia.
B. He didn’t do well at school.
C. He asked for too much money.
20. How do Brain’s parents feel now?
A. Happy. B. Worried. C. Frightened.
1. With natural resources becoming fewer and fewer, how to mase of energy, such as sunlight and wind, has become our top priority.
A. primary B. alternative
C. instant D. unique
【解析】考查形容词词义辨析。A. primary首要的，主要的，最早的；B. alternative替代的，备选的；C. instant立刻的，瞬间的；D. unique独特的，独一无二的。意：随着自然资源的减少，如何日利用可替代资源，你如阳光和风，已经成为我们优先考虑的事。根据句意可知选B。
2. During the presidential campaign, Donald Trump repeatedly vowed to tear up the agreement of “The Paris Climate Accord”, he said was hurting American workers.
A. which B. what
C. where D. when
【解析】考查定语从句。句意：在总统大选期间，重复宣称要撕毁“巴黎气候协议”的约定，他说这项协议破坏美国工人的利益。本题考查非限制性定语从句，用which指代上文的 “The Paris Climate Accord”，故选A。
3. Once again, terrorists have used vehicles to deadly attacks - this time in Spain.
A. hold out B. bring out
C. carry out D. pict
【解析】考查动词短语辨析。A. hold out伸出，拿出，呈现；B. bring out出版，取出；C. carry out实施，开展。D. pict挑选，了解。句意：恐怖分子再一次使用车辆来实施致命袭击，这次是在西班牙。根据句意可知选C。
4. — Personally, it’s his thrill for success in the beginning that resulted in his final failure.
— You bet. Just as we all know, .