1. China will continue to keep ______ yuan exchange rate stable at ______ reasonable balanced level.
A. a; the B. 不填; a C. the; a D. the; 不填
2. Cigarettes and alcohol do such ______ great harm to health that they can easily cause______ weakening of our bodies．
A．a；不填 B．不填；the C．a；the D．不填；不填
3. Surely you can find the museum，for it is within easy ______ of your hotel．
A．walk B．reach C．distance D．space
4. —Have you seen the film?
—Yes. I _______it three times when I was in America.
A. saw B. had seen C. have seen D. was seeing
5. Any help from you will be greatly appreciated. Please give me a reply at your earliest ______.
A. convenience B. consideration C. interruption D. imagination
6. —Hi, John! I'm going to Hungary for my holiday．
—Hungary? A splendid country, ___ well worth visiting．
A．it B．one C．which D．that
7. The employment rate has continued to rise in big cities thanks to the efforts of the local governments to increase ______.
A. them B. those C. it D. that
8. Samuel can't help having a big nose —it is ___ of him to be curious about others' affairs．
A．typical B．constant C．considerate D．unique
9. They were pretty poor but most of their friends were even _________.
A.richer B.badly off C.worse off D.well off
10. ________ left before the deadline , it seems _______ that we will finish the task on time.
A. Because so much time; likely B. As so many times; possible
C. Though a lot of time; possible D. With a lot of time; likely
11. She is quite _______to office wor had better offer her some suggestions when necessary.
A. familiar B. fresh C. similar D. sensitive
12. We have our bad times but on the whole we’re ______ happy.
A. rarely B. merely C. fairly D. chiefly
13. My mother seems ______ for a woman her age.
A．enough energetic still B．enough still energetic
C．still energetic enough D．still enough energetic
14. When you reach the other end of the bridge, I ______ right there to show you the way.
A. wait B. have waited C. was waiting D. will be waiting
15. Is it he or you ______ in charge of the job and supposed to complete it punctually?
A．who is B．that is C．who are D．whom are
16. ______ with his slippers on when he heard the terrible noise．
A．Out did the boy rush B．Out rushed the boy
C．Out the boy rushed D．Rushed the boy out
17. The disaster took away his family but with a strong will he finally _____．
A．picp B．pulled through C．get across D wort
18.—Can you help me with the math problem, Dad? _______．
—OK, let me think it over．
A．I' m fed up with it． B．I'm stuck．
C．I didn't get it D．I can' t find it．
19. It even leaves the scientists in wonder ________ they should call the newlyborn creature, which looks halfhuman and halfanimal.
A．that B．why C．what D．how
20. This company has launched several types of cars this year , and one ______ appeals to the young．
A．in return B．in particular C．in addition D．in turn
1. www.videojug.com ,which has _____ food and drink channel with clear explanations, is ______ very popular website.
A. a; the B. the; / C. a; a D. /; a
2. Suddenly, a man driving a motor car ______ the girl’s bag and took it away, _____ into the darkness.
A. seizing; disappeared B. seized; diappeared
C. seizing; diappearing D. seized; diappearing
3. Today’s a red-letter day, which will ______ as the greatest day in my life.
A. live out B. hand out C. stand out D. set out
4. _____ to teaching, she couldn’t afford time to take good care of his young children.
A. Devoting B. Devoted C. Being devoted D. Having devoted
5. — Will you be _____ this afternoon, John?
— I am afraid not. I have an appointment with my dentist.
A. convenient B. suitable C. accurate D. available
6. Mr. Frank asked me a question ____ I could go with him to _____ he called the Treasure House the next week.
A. what; which B. whether; that C. whether; what D. that; where
7. That is because women enjoy _____something they are used to _______.
A. do; do B. doing; doing C. do; doing D. doing; do
8. The accident that happened at an oilfield _____ the southeast coast of the USA has caused great damage to the environment.
A. away B. from C. off D. beyond
9. Telling lies, for whatever _____, is not good.
A. method B. goal C. step D. purpose
10. A large quantity of food with clothes ____ in the flooded area.
A. needed B. were needed C. was needed D. had needed
11. — How did you feel when you were invited to the meeting?
— I felt _______.
A. delight B. delighted C. delighting D. to delight
12. In front of the villages _____ a clear stream.
A. runs B. run C. does run D. there run
13. ____ tomorrow, our ship will set fail for Hong Kong.
A. However the weather is like B. However is the weather like
C. Whatever is the weather like D. Whatever the weather is like
14. It is reported that the storm struck the coastal area, _____ in hundreds of deaths.
A. resulting B. resulted C. to result D. having resulted
15. They have decided to ____ a new plan at the conference.
A. put up B. put forward C. put down D. put on
16. Those who wish to gain a career ____ their chosen subject must take ‘basic’ degree courses.
A. related to B. devoted to C. used to D. referred to
17. I was late for school this morning because the traffic was ____ by an accident.
A. used up B. given up C. held up D. put up
18. Actually girls can be ___ they want to be just like boys, whether it is a pilot, an astronaut, or a general manager.
A. wherever B. whoever C. whatever D. whichever
19. A cup of water ____ you will feel better.
A. or B. but C. so D. and
20. — How is your new babysitter?
— We _____ ask for a better one. All our kids love her so much.
A. couldn’t B. might C. mustn’t D. should
21. My friend told me it would be months ____ his family settled down in that city.
A. after B. since C. before D. when
22. The helicopter will be called at once to ____ the people trapped on top of the building.
A. set up B. build up C. get up D. pick up
21．He couldn’t have made such _____ great progress without _____ help of his teachers.
A. a ; \ B. \ ; the C. a ; the D. \ ; \
22. — Do you r town?
---- No, this is the first time I _____here.
A. e B. am ing C. came D. have e
23. Even though the workers were not satisfied, they _______ to the boss finally.
A. gave up B. gave in C. gave out D. gave away
24.A person may often ______ the different stages(人生阶段)of sadness, shock, anger, and so on.
A. get through B. go through C. get over D. go over
25.―It was a red light, William. You ________ the car.
― Sorry. I didn’t see it.
A. should have stopped B. couldn’t have stopped
C. must have stopped D. needn’t have stopped
26. Allow children the space to voice their opinions, ____ they are different from your own.
A. until B. even if C. unless D. as though
27. Every minute______ spoken English.
A. was made use of to practising B. was made use of practising
C. was made use to practise D. was made use of to practise
28．The woman teacher, together with her pupils, was crossing the street a heavy truck drove toward them.
A. unless B. once C. until D. when
29. Hurry! The train _______. You know it_______ at 8 o’clock.
A. leaves; leaves B. is leaving; leaves
C. leaves; is leaving D. is leaving; is leaving
30.It was because of the bad weather ______ the football match had to be put off.
A. so B. so that C. why D. that
31.The teacher raised his voice so that he could make himself _______.
A. hear B. to be heard C. heard D. hearing
32.No matter where he is , he makes ____ a rule to go for a walk before breakfast.
A. him B. this C. that D. it
33. The city ______ we visited last year is the one _____the famous writer was born.
A. where, which B. which, where C. in which, that D. where, where
34.When _______, the new stadium（体育馆） will hold 50000 people.
A. pleted B. be pleted
C. pleting D. having pleted
35.This machine is very easy ________ . Anybody can lean to use it in a few minutes.
A. operating（操作） B. to be operating C. operated D. to operate
The story is told about what happened on a flight between a passenger and an air hostess. The passenger rang and told the air hostess (乘务员) that he needed a cup of __36__to take his medicine when the plane just took off. She told