1. What will Dorothy do on the weekend?
A. Go out with her friend. B. Work on her paper. C. Make some plans.
2. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Mother and son. B. Boss and secretary. C. Teacher and student.
3. Where will the party be held next week?
A. At Mise. B. At Anne’s house. C. At a cafe.
4. What does the man think of the film?
A. Quite inspiring. B. Very boring. C. Frightening.
5. What will the speakers probably do next?
A. Order some boxes. B. Go home and rest. C. Continue working.
6. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Choosing their transportation. B. Paying a visit to China. C. Going shopping.
7. How have they decided to go?
A. By air. B. By bus. C. By train.
8. What major does the man like?
A. Chemistry. B. Medicine. C. Chinese literature.
9. What does the man advise the woman to do?
A. Follow her mother’s advice. B. Talk with her mother again. C. Stick to her own opinion.
10. What is the man’s problem?
A. His passport is missing. B. He can’t find his traveler’s check.
C. He has lost his credit card.
11. What did the man buy in the department store yesterday?
A. A sports suit. B. A pair of sunglasses. C. A pair of trainers.
12. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In the boss’s office. B. At the Lost and Found. C. At the police station.
13. What will Rebecca do on October 16?
A. Go on a business trip. B. Organize a trade exhibition.
C. Meet the people Head Office.
14. What will happen on October 3?
A. The meeting arrangement finishes. B. The trade exhibition finishes.
C. Alex starts his business trip.
15. What is John preparing for the meeting?
A. A speech. B. A time table. C. A sale report.
16. When do the speakers decide to have the meeting?
A. On October 15. B. On October 16. C. On October 17.
17. What kind of English lessons does the speaker recommend?
A. Listening and speaking. B. Reading and writing. C. Examination skills.
18. How can a leaner take the lessons when he is not online?
A. By making conversations. B. By using the downloaded sound files.
C. By reviewing words, phrases and idioms.
19. What is the great advantage of the speaker’s online course?
A. It improves learners’ listening and speaking sickly.
B. It offers learners new helpful advertisements.
C. It is free of charge for the learners.
20. What’s the speaker’s idea about learning English?
A. Learning English little by little.
B. It’s neccessary to set a clear learning goal.
C. It’s very important to find a new method.
In an effort to keep a little poetry in my life long after National Poetry Month passed, I decide to read at least one poem a day after scanning the newspaper over breakfast. Thanks to the free online poetry-in-your-inbox services, it’s been an easy resolution (解决办法) to keep.
Poem-a-Day was started during National Poetry Month in 2016, and it focuses on new and previously unpublished poems by contemporary poets on weekdays and classic poems on weekends.
Ted Kooser offers a similar service through his American Life in Poetry Series, though it’s a weekly, rather than a daily. Kooser briefly introduces each week’s poem, offering a little bit of information about the selection, the writer, and books where readers can turn to if they want more work from the featured poet.
Reading at least one poem a day has been like an intellectual vitamin, giving me a small dose (剂量) of literature even on busy days when I can’t get to the novels and non-fiction on my desk