Unit 1 Art-period 1
1.It is very difficult to p what the long-term effects of the accident will be .
2.After the big earthquake ,many children became homeless，so the old couple a an orphan .
3.This painting is fairy t of his early works .
4.My mother is called Anna ,and by c ,my wife ‘s mother is also called Anna.
5.She is rather (传统的) in her daily life ,so she never goes to any pub at night .
6.At the meeting he put forward a (有争议的) scheme about how to get rid of radiation .
7.It is (可笑的) of you to believe her prediction about your future .
8. (抽象的) painting don’t appear to me much .
9.She went to America with the (目的) of finding a job .
10.This rare stamp ,dating back to 150 years ago ,is in the
(拥有) of an unknown collector .
In the abstract, have faith in ,be aimed at ,in one’s possession ,by coincidence ,a great deal .make an attempt ,on the other hand ,that is ,break away from
1. The pickpocket ____________the policeman who was holding him and ran away.
2. Dangerous drugs were found _________;therefore ,she was arrested.
3. Taking about bring up children just isn’t enough .
4. ,I met with my first teacher in primary school when visiting an art exhibition yesterday .
5. I learned from you when we worked together there .
6. The program improving the student’s health .
7. I you ----I will do it well .
8. On the other hand ,I want go to the theatre very much .but
I have to finish the project on time .
9. We are leaving on March 2nd , Friday .
10. Every time I to convince her , I failed completely .
1. History is the best teacher .It (faith) records the development path of each country and foretells the future to us .
2. The woman felt that her life was (aim) after her children left home .
3. What coincidence it is that they were born in the same year and on the same day .
4. Life is full of the unexpected ; it is impossible (predict) what will happen in the future .
Unit 1 Art-Period 2
1 If I _____ (be) you , I _____( put) her suggestion into account.
2 If I _____( have) a chance to try it ,I _____(do)it in another way.
3 I wish my daughter _____(apply) theory to practice.
4 _____ there _____ (be) a flood, what _____ we _____(do)?
5 Without music , the world _____(be) a dull place .
6 We took a taxi to the airport .Otherwise we _____ (be) late.
7 But for your help I _____(fail) in the experiment.
8 It ______(be) difficult to discover the truth about Iraq War if people refused to consider anything that might be true.
9 If everyone in the country _____(know) first aid ,many lives world be saved.
1 If I am you , I wouldn’t answer the call。
2 Without electricity , human life will be quite different today.
3 Has he gone to the doctor right away ,he might have been alive.
4 The secretary suggested that they brought the men in at once.
5 He was very busy yesterday .Otherwise he had come to the meeting.
1 She was given enough money .She bought the book.
If she ______ enough money, she wouldn’t have bought the book.
2 He wants to come to the party, but he can’t because he has to work.
He _________ to the party if he didn’t have to work.
3 Tom didn’t work hard and he failed the exam.
_______Tom _______ hard, he would have passed the exam.
4 We know little about the disease, so we are not able to treat the patients effectively.
If we ________more about the disease, we would be able to treat the patients effectively.
5 Li Qiang is easy-going , so he has a number of friends.
If Li Qiang were not easy-going , he _______ a number of friends.
1 We ___ back in the hotel now if you didn’t lose the map.
A are B were C will be D would be
2 Ellen is a fantastic dancer .I wish I _____ as well as her.
A dance B will dance C had danced D danced
3 We would rather our daughter_____ at home with us , but it is her choice, and she is not a child any longer
A would stay B has stayed C stayed D stay
\Unit 1 Art-Period 3
1. How does she manage to keep her ________ (身材) when she eats so much?
2. These comments came in response to ________ (特定的）questions often asked
by local newsmen.
3. She has already begun to establish her ________ (名誉）as a writer.
4. You should be careful about your glasses; they are f________.
5. A teacher should not show ________ (偏爱）for any one of his pupils.
6. Are you ________ (过敏的）to certain foods like shrimps(虾）？
7. The men were drunk and ________ (好斗的）.
8. His art works are on ________ (永久的）display in the gallery.
9. The ________ (展览）tells us why we should do something to stop air pollution.
10.He had devoted his whole life to the study of ________ (当代的）art.
figure out, be allergic to, on exhibition, in the flesh, a bunch of, have a preference for, appeal to, be contemporary with, have a reputation for, would rather
1. Do you _______________ Chinese tea?
2. The police are __________________ the public for information about the crime.
3. My mother __________________ many substances, such as flowers, so she can’t touch or even get close to them.
4.The little girl picked _____________ flowers and ran to her grandmother happily.
5.Hangzhou _______________ its scenic beauty.
6.I could hear them talt I couldn’t _______________ what they were saying.
7.Fan Zhongyan _________________ Ouyang Xiu.
8.His appearance _______________ ended the rumors about his death.
9.The goods ________________ here are all produced by our company.
10.I ________________ you didn’t go out alone that night.
1.Though the local villagers were poor, they offered their homes,hearts,and food as if I ________ (be) their own family.
2.The boy ran even faster, ________ (reach) the school out of breath.
3.The idea of living in the quiet and clean countryside appeals ________ me.
4.The teacher is knowledgeable and always cares for his students, earning him_______ good reputation.
5.Put your ________ (sign) here, and then print your name underneath.
6.The gallery holds ________ (various) of art collections.
1.In this article, you need to back up general statements with ________ examples.
A. specific B. permanent C. abstract D. universal
2.Little Sam couldn’t ________ how to print out the papers until the teacher showed it to him.
A. mat B. tat C. figure out D. find out
3.There are so many fancy cars ________ here that I don’t know which type to choose.
A. on average B. on exhibition C. on behalf D. on purpose
4.Some people think that watching violence on TV is one of the major cause of ________ behavior and crime in society.
A. abstract B. ridiculous C. aggressive D. visual
5.She is more beautiful ________ than in the photo, I think.
A. in person B. on her own C. by nature D .in the flesh
6.China has got a good ________ for fighting against the flu with its careful and smooth organization.
A. reputation B. influence C. impression D. knowledge