Unit 1 Great scientists-period 1
1.If he takes on this work ,he will have no choice but to meet an even greater (挑战) .
2. The meeting lasted a long time until it (结束) late at night .
3. He was so (全神贯注) in the book that he didn’t hear the bell .
4. I’m sure he’ll (打败) all the competitors .
5. The meeting I’m going to (参加) will be about the new forms of agriculture .
6. Water can (吸收) and give off a lot of heat without big changes in temperature , thus creating a stable environment .
7. The team are working hard to (分析) the problem so that they can find the best solution .
8. Don’t (指责) your parents for all the wrong that you have done .
9.You will be (指示) where to go as soon as the plan is ready .
10. Don’t (暴露) your skin to the sun for too long , or you will get sunburned .
Put forward , be absorbed in , make an announcement , link…to , suspect…of , expose.. to , cure…of , be expert at ,be to blame ,draw a conclusion
1. Nothing could her her impatience with Anna .
2. We want to the kids as much art and culture as possible .
3. In most of the cases , the problems by a child are not taken seriously by adults .
4. After a heated discussion , they in the end .
5. Fingerprints the suspect the case .
6. She making cheap but stylish clothes .
7. The man carrying drugs was caught by the police .
8. It seemed that the bad road conditions for the accident .
9. his writing , the writer didn’t notice someone enter the room .
10. The government about changes in the drug war .
1. Many children fell ill because of having drunk the water (pollute)
by the chemical factory .
2. In (conclude),you must convince me of your ability before you are employed .
3. Take care not to r children (expose) to bad books , too many computer games or websites.
4. It is (challenge) for me to pict one of my former classmates from a crow of people.
5, When entering the room, we found the girl (absorb)in reading a novel.
6. He put forward his suggestion at the meeting that every means (try) to save the crops before the storm came .
7. It seemed that Mike was (blame) because he was last one to leave the office .
8. According to the driver’s explanation ,it was not his carelessness but the bad weather that was (blame) for the accident.
9. He is expert repairing vehicles ranging from bicycles to cars
Unit 1 Great scientists-Period 2
1.The salesgirl at last handled the difficult customer and gave a ______(satisfy) smile.
2.It was such a______(tire) job that I really felt _____(tire).
3.Don’t drink______(pollute) water because it can cause diseases..
4.Look! The student______(seat) at the back of the classroom is ______(absorb) in a novel while the teacher is giving a lesson.
5.It was rather ______(surprise) when I was told about the_____(surprise) accident.
6.Who wrote the book_____(explain) how to cut the death rate form having and caring for babies?
7.The chairman announced the _____(excite) news in an_____(excite) voice.
8.Please get the _____(break) clock repaired as soon as possible.
9.Hearing what he said ,we were all deeply_____(impress).
10.The bridge_____(build)last month needs repairing..
11.After completing and signing it, please return the form to us in the envelope_____(provide).
12.The island ,_____(join) to the mainland by a bridge, is easy to go to.
13.The _____(break)glass was _____(break) by John.
14.The _____(confuse) expression on his face suggested that he was not able to wort the _____(confuse)problem.
15.In April ,thousands of holidaymakers remained______(stick) abroad due to the volcanic ash cloud.
1.Many of the problems remain unsettling.
2.The man dressing in a blue jacket at the party was a doctor.
3.The man seating in the chair asked me to sit.
4.Many things were considered impossible in the past are common today.
5.Most of the people inviting to the party were experts.
1. I am calling to enquire about the position ______in yesterday’s China Daily
A advertised B to be advertised
C advertising D having advertised
2. The players ______from the whole country are expected to bring us honor in the summer game
A selecting B to select
C selected D having selected
3. You cannot accept an opinion ______ to you unless it is based on facts
A offering B to offer
Unit 1 Great scientists-Period 3
1.Be (小心的) when you cross the street.
2.She showed the visitors around the museum, the (建设) of which had taken more than three years.
3.The police have been trying to trace the suspect’s (行踪) since last Sunday.
4.We had to (不接受) your plan simply because it was far below our expectations.
5.I hope you can (指导) me personally how to deal with this problem.
6.These are the people that have (贡献) more to the economic development.
7.He walked (向后) before turning and running away.
8.He finished his work in a (积极的) way.
9.Early experiences taught me not to be overly (热衷的) about shopping by mobile phone because there is a high risk of being cheated.
10.I must tal (私下地).
make sense, be strict with, be positive about, contribute to, apart from,
make a difference, be enthusiastic about, be cautious about, lead to, put forward
1. “You’ve often made the same mistakes. I will you from now on,” the teacher said to Tom.
2. We must take an active attitude to our work. That means, we’ve got to
3. The man delivering a speech every time he was invited to attend a meeting.
4. The easiest way to is not to drop litter.
5. David the plan that we will go on holiday in Sanya, because he wants to go with us.
6. the cost, the dress doesn’t suit me.
7. What he has said doesn’t . I can’t understand it.
8. The use of information technology could major progress for developing nations.
9. The expert a suggestion on how to reduce air pollution.
10. How much did you the Welfare Fund?
1. There is no sense in (argue) with such a stubborn man.
2. The police are keeping a close watch on the suspect’s (move).
3. With his suggestion (reject), he felt upset.
4. It is reported that the new airport is still under (construct).
5. The old man often (instruct) us how to behave well in public and his
(instruct) made a deep impression on us.
6. Evidence given by suspects should be treated caution.
7. Drunk driving contributed _________ the severe accident.
8. The manager is always cautious __________ drawing a conclusion.
9. I’m enthusiastic ________ observing ants in the park.
10. Here comes the kind professor _________ whom we often turn for help.