《Canada-“the true north”》教案10
M3 Unit5 备课教案
Canada—“The True North”
标 1. Let students learn the knowledge of Canada.
2. Get students to grasp the important useful new words and exoressions.
3. Get students to learn more about noun clauses.
4. Let students leatn noun clauses as the appositive.
5. Have students know to write a short report to describe what impressed them most.
标 1.Enable students to learn about some basic information and talt Canada.
2.Enable students to make sentences after the useful sentence patterns.
3.Enable students to use noun clauses as the appositive correctly and properly according to the context.
4.Enable students to understand the passages and know more about Canada.
5. Develop students’ writing ability by learning to write a short report to describe what impressed them most.
标 1. Stimulate students’ interest in learning about foreign countries.
2. Develop students’ sense of cooperative learning.
3. Get students to become interested in grammar learning.
4.Enable students to know more about Canada.
1. Get students to know about geography, multicultural society and Canada.
2. Have students learn useful new words and expressions in this unit.
3. Enable students to grasp and use the expressions of directions and positions.
4. Let students learn the new grammar item: noun clauses as the appositive.
5. Develop students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing ability.
6. Let students learn to read and use the map.
1. Enable students to master the new grammar item: noun clauses as the appositive.
2. Let students learn to write a description of a place.
3. Develop students’ integrative skills.
Where is. . . ? In what direction is. . . ? How does one go to. . . ?
How far is. . . ? Is it nearby? Is. . . close to. . . ? Is. . . far from. . . ?
It’s. . . kilometers from. . . to. . . within. . . kilometers of. . .
It’s about. . . kilometers northeast of. . . . . . is close to. . .
in the north/south/west/east of. . . to the north/south/west/east of. . .
on the north/south/west/east of. . . go eastward/westward/northward/southward
across the continent/lagh the forests along the coast/river
Period 1 Warming up and reading
Period 2 Learning about language: Important language points
Period 3 Learning about language: Grammar
Period 4 Using language: Listening and talking
Period 5 Using language: Extensive reading
Period 6 Using language: Speaking and writing
Period 7 Revision: Summing up and learning tip
Period 1 Warming up and reading
This is the first teaching period of this unit, which introduces students to some basic information about Canada, its geography, its culture and its population. At the beginning of the class, the teacher can lead in the topic of the unit by showing students a map of Canada or other pictures of Canada and let the students describe them or talt Canada.
Pre-reading contains three questions which encourage students to reflect on their personal experiences and information and their own ideas. This discussion leads to the reading passage in which they may find some facts they recognize as well as new information. Students can be encouraged to discuss these questions. Then they are asked to look at the title of the reading passage and the pictures to predict what the passage is about. This part is very useful for the next part Reading.
The reading passage A TRIP ON “THE TRUE NORTH” describes a trip across Canada by train. Have students read the passage by themselves and identify new words and expressions. As they read, ask them to find the places mentioned on the map of Canada. It is useful to have them discuss with a partner what they think the new vocabulary mean, and to work together on the map. The teacher can identify new words and structures that students might find difficult and pre-teach them to make the reading easier. Students are encouraged to skim for the general idea and scan for further understanding. After reading, students are required to do the exercises in Comprehending to see how much they have understood the reading passage. The teacher can let them work in pairs or in groups to find the answers cooperatively, and then check their answers with the whole class. Meanwhile, deal with any language problems that students meet.
1. Let students read the passage and learn about the geography, population, main cities, natural beauty and natural resources of Canada.
2. Get students to learn different reading skills.