1. What does the man want to do tonight?
A. See a movie.
B. Go to bed early.
C. Finish some work.
2. What will the man do after work?
A. Attend a meeting.
B. Go home directly.
C. Eat out with the woman.
3. Who does the man want to buy a gift for?
A. His aunt. B. His friend. C. His sister.
4. Why isn't the man having his breakfast at home?
A. He is not hungry.
B. He likes to eat at school.
C. He is running late for school.
5. Where might the speakers be?
A. On the street.
B. At a shopping mall.
C. Inside a subway station.
6. How many towels does the man have in the bathroom now?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
7. When will the man go to the gym?
A. In the morning. B. In the afternoon. C. In the evening.
8. What time will the man arrive at the party?
A. At 6:00. B. At 6:45. C. At 8:00.
9. What does the woman think of the man’s hair?
A. It looks good.
B. It seems too short.
C. It’s been out of style.
10. What did the woman first order for herself?
A. A glass of water.
B. A glass of white wine.
C. A glass of watermelon juice.
11. What comes with roast vegetables?
A. The chicken. B. The steak. C. The lamb.
12. Who is the woman probably dining with?
A. Her son. B. Her friend. C. Her husband.
13. What might be the relationship between the speakers?
A. Close relatives. B. Fellow students. C. Business partners.
14. What happened to the woman’s grandmother?
A. She hurt her leg.
B. She had a car accident.
C. She fell in her bathroom.
15. Who did the woman’s grandmother call first yesterday?
A. The woman. B. The woman’s father. C. The woman’s mother.
16. How was the woman’s grandmother sent to the hospital?
A. In a taxi.
B. In an ambulance.
C. In the woman’s car.
17. When will all classes finish?
A. On Tuesday. B. On Wednesday. C. On Friday.
18. What will happen tomorrow?
A. There will be a chess match.
B. The students will attend a concert.
C. School buses will run earlier than usual.
19. Where will Ms. Williams be on Thursday?
A .In the library.
B. At the music club.
C .In the headmaster’s office.
20. What is the main point of this message?
A. To wish the chess club success.
B. To tell students about the daily schedule.
C. To remind students about their activities after school.
When he was driving home one evening on a country road, Joe saw an old lady, stranded（抛锚）on the side of the road. He stopped in front of her car and got out. Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. He looked poor and hungry. He knew how she felt. He said, “I am here to help you, madam. Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm? By the way, my name is Joe.”
She had a flat tire（轮胎）.Joe crawled under the car, changed the tire. But he got dirty and his hands hurt. She could not thank him enough and asked him how much she owed him. He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she