16.______in a white uniform.he looks more like a cook than a doctor
A. Dressed B. To dress C. Dressing D. Having dressed
17. He looked forward now and then ____whether there is any familiar face in the crowd.
A.to see B.to seeing C.saw D.to being seen
18. — Would you allow me ____here.
— Sorry. We don’t permit ____ in the lab.
A. smoking; smoking B. to smoke; to smoke C. smoking; to smoke D. to smoke; smoking
19. The pictures ________ us of the days ______ we spent in Beijing.
A. remember; that B. warn; when C. remind; when D. remind; that
20. If you can the time of study and rest, you are sure to enjoy everyday better.
A.gain B.gather C.balance D.digest
21. The girl ______ on the ground _____ to me that had _____ the purse on the desk.
A. lying, lay, laid B. lying, lied, laid C. lie, lied, lay D. lay, lied, lain
22. The fresh air _______ our health and we _______ it.
A. benefits to; benefit B. benefits; benefit from C. benefits from; benefit D. benefits; are benefited by
23. The child ought to be punished．You shouldn't let him telling lies．
A. get away from B. to get away from C.get away with D. to get away with
24. Mike______his car, for he came to wors this morning.
A. can have found B. could have found C. can’t have found D. mustn’t have found
25. Our teachers always tell us to believe in we do and who we are if we want to succeed.
A. why B. how C. what D. which
26. —You seem to be interested in writing.
—What? _______, I’m getting tired of it.
A. On the contrary B. As a result C. On the other hand D. In a word
27. Rose was born in Hong t in the USA, because her parents went there to work for some reason.
A. brought out B. brought up C. tat D. tap
28. He was constraining his mind not to from the task