1. What does the woman think of the book?
A. It’s too long. B. It’s hard to understand. C. It’s attractive.
2. What is the man trying to do?
A. To make an apology. B. To maggestion. C. To make a decision.
3. What does the woman suggest?
A. Leaving early for the airport.
B. Listening to the weather forecast the next morning.
C. Checking the flight schedule the next morning.
4. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Husband and wife C. Boss and secretary.
5. Why is the man moving to London?
A. He has got a job there.
B. He prefers to live in a big city.
C. He runs a company there.
6. How long will it take the man to ride a 10-mile distance?
A. About half an hour. B. About two hours. C. About an hour.
7. How does the woman go to work?
A. By train. B. By bike. C. On foot
8. How old was probably the man when he got his PhD?
A. 18. B. 28. C. 26.
9. When did the man begin his research on the cancer drug?
A. When he got a job in a medical lab.
B. When he was in the process of getting his PhD degree.
C. When he worked at a medical company.
10. What did the head teacher tell the woman?
A. Jim failed in the exam.
B. Jim didn’t study hard at school.
C. Jim didn’t attend class today.
11. What’s the woman’s advice?
A. The computer should be sold at once.
B. Jim can use the computer only on weekends.
C. Jim can never use the computer any more.
12. What does the woman want the man to do?
A. To have a talk with Jim.
B. To tell Jim that he is also his favorite cousin.
C. To help Jim with his lessons.
13. What do we know about the woman?
A. She is smart.
B. She is familiar with the young man.
C. She is actually very young.
14. Why does the woman refuse to give a bottle of Scotch to the man?
A. She is too frightened to do so.
B. She intends to find out more about the man.
C. She knows the man is younger than 21.
15. What will the woman tell the police about the man?
A. The man’s appearance.
B. The man’s drive experiences.
C. The man’s name and address.
16. What is the possible ending of the story?
A. The police arrive in no time.
B. The woman fights against the man and wins at last.
C. The young man gives up robbing the woman.
17. Which of the following hobbies is NOT mentioned?
A. Collecting coins. B. Collecting phones. C. Collecting stamps.
18. How much is the man’s coin collection worth?
A. $215. B. $275. C. $250.
19. What does the speaker’s youngest brother collect?
A. Matchboxes. B. Model airplanes. C. Stamps.
20. What do most people want to get from their hobbies?
A. Inspiration. B. Money. C. Pleasure.
21. To us all in China, _______ experience of taking the college entrance examination seems an important way to judge whether one’s life is ______ complete one.
A. the; a B. an; a C. the; the D. an; the
22. With children, if you say "no", you have to mean ______.
A. that B. this C. it D. one
23. They moved here in 2002. Until then they ______ in the London area.
A. lived B. have lived C. were living D. had lived
24. To our great delight, the public facilities in our city have been adapted to give _________ to wheelchair users.
A. privilege B. access C. permission D. priority
25. All the Chinese people are expecting the government’s four-thousand-billion financial plan ______ around the country, ______ to improve the current economic situation.
A. carried out; intending B. being carried out; intended
C. to be carried out; intended D. to be carried out; intending
26. The new movie promises to be one of the biggest money-makers ______________.
A. in no time B. at the same time C. of all time D. from time to time
27. She cared more about her students than her own health. That’s why two years passed _____ she was treated for breast cancer.
A. since B. before C. after D. until
28. Every day ____ a proverb aloud several times until you have it memorized.
A. read B. reading C. to read D. reads
29. The young backpacker always ___at the youth hotel when he is in Kathmandu.
A. puts up B. sets down C. comes about D. tap
30. －Lydia, what did our head-teacher say just now?
－Every boy and every girl as well as the teachers who _____ to lead the group _____ asked to be at the school gate before 630 in the morning.
A. is; is B. are; are C. are; is D. is; are
31. Your IQ isn’t _____determines whether you will succeed in your future life.
A. what B. where C. that D. why
32. The new technology, if _____to ri