例： It’s so nice to hear from her again. _________, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A. What’s more B. That’s to say
C. In other words D. Believe it or not
1. —Hi, I’m Peter. Are you new here? I haven’t seen you around.
—Hello, Peter. I’m Bob. I just _________ on Monday.
A. start B. have started C. started D. had started
2. _________ we don’t stop climate change, many animals and plants in the world will be gone.
A. Although B. While C. If D. Until
3. _________ along the old Silk Road is an interesting and rewarding experience.
A. Travel B. Traveling C. Having traveled D. Traveled
4. Susan had quit her well-paid job and _________ as a volunteer in the neighborhood when I visited her last year.
A. is working B. was working C. has worked D. had worked
5. She and her family bicycle to work, _________ helps them keep fit.
A. which B. who C. as D. that
6. During the Mid-Autumn Festival, family members often gather together _________ a meal, admire the moon and enjoy moon cakes.
A. share B. to share C. having shared D. shared
7. China’s high-speed railways _________ from 9,000 to 25,000 kilometers in the past few years.
A. are growing B. have grown C. will grow D. had grown
8. In any unsafe situation, simply _________ the button and a highly-trained agent will get you the help you need.
A. press B. to press C. pressing D. pressed
9. A rescue worker risked his life saving two tourists who _________ in the mountains for two days.
A. are trapping B. have been trapped C. were trapping D. had been trapped
10. Ordinary soap, _________ correctly, can deal with bacteria effectively.
A. used B. to use C. using D. use
11. Without his support, we wouldn’t be _________ we are now.
A. how B. when C. where D. why
12. In today’s information age, the loss of data _________ cause serious problems for a company.
A. need B. should C. can D. must
13. They might have found a better hotel if they _________ a few more kilometers.
A. drove B. would drive C. were to drive D. had driven
14. —Good morning, Mr. Lee’s office.
—Good morning. I’d like to make an appointment _________ next Wednesday afternoon.
A. for B. on C. in D. at
15. This is _________ my father has taught me—to always face difficulties and hope for the best.
A. how B. which C. that D. what
The Homeless Hero
For many, finding an unattended wallet filled with £400 in cash would be a source（ptation（诱惑）. But the 16 would no doubt be greater if you were living on the streets with little food and money. All of this makes the actions of the homeless Tom Smith 17 more remarkable.
After spotting a 18 on the front seat inside a parked car with its window down, he stood guard in the rain for about two hours waiting for the 19 to return.