例：Stand over there _____________ you'll be able to see it better.
A. or B. and C. but D. while
1.---I guess you want to go play tennis.
---__________. That's exactly what I was thinking too.
A. I didn't get it B. It's up to you
C. You never know D. You read my mind
2. I __________ to send Peter a gift to congratulate him on his marriage，but I couldn't manage it.
A. had hoped B. am hoping C. have hoped D. would hope
3. A study shows the students who are engaged in after-school activities are happier than _________who are not.
A. ones B. those C. these D. them
4.____________ to think critically is an important skill today's children will need for the future.
A. Learn B. Learned C. Learning D. Having learned
5.___________ all the problems, several of the players produced excellent performances.
A. According to B. Instead of C. In addition to D. In spite of
6.---My son got a full scholarship to his dream university!
----Wow, ___________! What's he going to study?
A. good for him B. go for it
C. what a coincidence D. all the best
7. We can observe that artificial intelligence has already made a(n) ___________on our lives in many ways.
A. statement B. impact C. impression D. judgment
8. Amy, as well as her brothers, ____________ a warm welcome when returning to the village last week.
A. is given B. are given C. was given D. were given
9. Kate heard a man's voice in the bacnd, but she couldn't ___________ what he was saying.
A. set aside B. take back C. mat D. keep off
10. Most colleges now offer first-year students a course specially ___________ to help them succeed academically and personally.
A. designed B. designing C. to design D. being designed
11. Their child is at the stage__________ she can say individual words but not full sentences.
A. why B. where C. which D. what
12. The professor warned tie students that on no account _____________ use mobile phones in his class.
A. should they B. they should C. dare they D. they dare
13. Tom is so independent that he never asks his parents' opinion _________ he wants their support.
A. since B. once C. unless D. after
14. The workers were not better organized, otherwise they ____________ the task in half the time.
A. accomplished B. had accomplished
C. would accomplish D. would have accomplished
15. A dog's eating habit requires regular training before it is ___________ established.
A. properly B. widely C. originally D. temporarily
I was ready to pay for my bananas at the grocery one night，when fear seized me. My wallet was gone. I could only have left it on the G9 bus，which was now speeding in the dark to some 16 station.
The 17 moment was quickly followed by mental math. How much time and money would it cost to replace the 18 of that little wallet？The credit cards，the driver's license，the cash，all lost to the bus.
Two hours later，back at my house，I heard a knock on the door. My husband 19