本试卷共四大题, 9页, 满分110分。考试时间120分钟。
Zhang Lei is a highly skilled doctor. He was born 1 a lonely mountain village. They could hardly 2 good education. However, Zhang Lei not only went to college 3 became an excellent doctor. Then what made him lucky? A volunteer teacher called Han Xue encouraged him, and succeeded in 4 his life.
When Han Xue first entered Zhang Lei’s school, she was surprised 5 everything seemed unusual: broken windows, small old desks and chairs. 6 students were of different ages, they all sat in the same classroom. Han Xue realized she should help those students 7 needed education. In her opinion, many ways should 8 to help them. One day Zhang Lei made some trouble for fun. The whole class became 9 . Instead of punishing him, Han Xue walked towards Zhang Lei and 10 him to put out his hands. Looking at them 11 , Han Xue said with a kind smile, “When I see your little fingers, I will become 12 special doctor in the future. Come on!” Zhang Lei was surprised because almost 13 said such words this way. Zhang Lei realized that it was time to make a change.
After that, Zhang Lei studied harder and achieved his dream 14 a famous doctor. Whenever Zhang Lei talt this, he always expresses 15 thanks to his volunteer teacher.
1. A. on B. in C. at D. over
2. A. get B. to get C. got D. getting
3. A. but also B. even though C. so that D. even if
4. A. to change B. changed C. changing D. change
5. A. when B. how C. if D. that
6. A. Because of B. Because C. when D. Though
7. A. who B. which C. when D. what
8. A. use B. be used C. used D. be using
9. A. noise B. noisy C. noisily D. noises
10. A. ask B. asked C. to ask D. asking
11. A. care B. careful C. carelessly D. carefully
12. A. a B. an C. the D. /
13. A. everybody B. anybody C. nobody D. somebody
14. A. to be B. being C. be D. was
15. A. he B. him C. himself D. his
Imagine a life without arms or legs! You can’t hold anyone in your arms. You can’t walk anywhere with your feet. How would you last a day like that? Would you 16 at yourself in the mirror like Nicjzcic, the 34-year-old Australian?
Nick was born without limbs(四肢). So life was not 17 for him. At school many students played jokes on him because he looked 18 from everyone else. He was refused to be their friends, so he always felt 19 .
However, he faced that 20 . He learned to read at the age of six, and he could 21 surf and play golf. In college, he achieved great success and was among the excellent students in the studies. And he decided on what to do later in his life––to encourage others to work hard for their dreams.
Now Nick is one of the most popular 22 in the world. He travels to many countries and gives speeches about his story against difficulties. “Living life fully is about looking at what you 23 , not what you don’t have.” he said. His 24 encourages millions of people.
“I tell people to keep on getting up when they 25 and to always love themselves,” he said. “If I can encourage just one person, then my job in this life is done.”
16. A. laugh B. cry C. smile D. shout
17. A. old B. easy C. modern D. difficult
18. A. similar B. funny C. different D. alike
19. A. happy B. relaxed C. lonely