1. Don’t worry. There is ________wrong with the computer. It’s only because of the power cut.
A. something B. nothing C. anything D. everything
2. There are many famous pictures in the museum, ________the Mona Lisa.
A. including B. included C. includes D. to include
3. We can ________ robots ________ help us do housework.
A. use; for B. use; to C. used; for D. used; to
4. Ice Age V is one of ________ cartoons in 2016.
A. more interested B．the most interested
C. more interesting D．the most interesting
5. – I don’t like the white shirt. What about you, Simon?
– I don’t like it, ________. I prefer the blue one.
A. as well B. too C. also D. either
6. – Our country ________ a lot so far.
– Yes. I am sure it will be ________ in the future.
A. has changed; well B. changed; good
C. has changed; better D. changed; better
7. It will be harmful to your hearing ________ you always listen to music by earphone (耳机).
A. if B. so C. and D. but
8. To protect our eyes, we ________ keep enough distance from books when we read them.
A. should to B. shouldn’t C. ought to D. ought not to
9. －All the workers went home yesterday ________ Mr. Smith. Why?
－Because he was on duty.
A. except B. except for C. besides D. beside
10. Tom will be ________. His parents are going to have a party for his ________ birthday.
A. fourteen; fourteen B. fourteenth; fourteenth
C. fourteen; fourteenth D. fourteenth; fourteen
Will you put others’ need before your own? Here is 11 experience of mine.
It was a wet day and I had a hard time. I was busy and everyone was down. What’s more, I went out without breakfast and I 12 my wallet at home. So I couldn’t get lunch and was terribly hungry. When I finished my work, I borrowed some money 13 I could quickly go to buy my first meal of the day.
Before 14 my meal, my wife phoned me that a friend of hers was in trouble and needed someone to take him home. My mind said, “I will get him after I get the meal.” 15 , my mouth said, “All right, I’ll drive him home first.” As soon as we met, he jumped in the car with a smile and thanked me 16 my help. He told me he usually walked home from his company but that day the weather stopped him from making that journey. Traffic was heavy. A drive to his home usually took 10 minutes but that day I 17 30 minutes on it. Now you might think that we are 18 friends. In fact, we have just met a few times. 19 I will seldom see this person again but I felt glad I was there when he needed me.
So you 20 yourself helpful and useful when you care more about others.
11. A. a B. the C. an D. /
12. A. leave B. left C. leaving D. leaves
13. A. so that B. such that C. in order to D. so to
14. A. having B. have C. to have D. had
15. A. But B. Because C. So D. However
16. A. to B. with C. for D. as
17. A. took B. spent C. cost D. paid
18. A. closed B. closing C. closer D. close
19. A. Maybe B. May be C. May D. Might
20. A. are feeling B. feel C. will feel D. felt
Making apps is difficult, but some middle school students are inventing their own apps. Recently, an apps 21 for middle school students was held in Shanghai, China. A group of middle school students from around China showed their 22 at the competition.
Zhang Jing, a student from World Foreign Languag