第 Ⅰ 卷
1. Which country will the woman visit next week?
A. Thailand B. Italy C. England
2. What will the man do this weekend?
A. Go for a picnic B. Help his uncle C. Learn horse-riding
3. What will the man do?
A. Catch the last bus B. Take the woman home C. Give Henry a call
4. How does the woman usually go to work?
A. By car B. By bike C. On foot.
5. What is the woman’s brother probably?
A. A photographer B. A singer C. An athlete
6. What is the man especially interested in about university?
A. Its baseball court. B. Its basketball court C. Its tennis court
7. What subject does the man like best?
A. Chemistry B. Music C. Computer
8. Why doesn’t the woman want to go hiking?
A. It’s cold outside B. It’s not exciting C. It’s quite tiring
9. What do the speakers decide to do at the weekend?
A. Do some shopping B. Go out for dinner C. Go to the museum
10. How old is the man now?
A. 15 B. 16 C. 17
11. Who taught the man how to swim?
A. His father B. His mother C. His brother
12. When will the speakers meet?
A. At 2:45 pm. B. At 3:15 pm. C. At 3:45 pm.
13. Where is the man from?
A. Los Angeles B. New York C. Chicago
14. How often does Hayley learn to lay the guitar?
A. Once a month B. Once a week C. Twice a week
15. What classes does Hayley usually have at the weekend?
A. Acting B. Dancing C. Drawing
16. Who will the woman talk to next?
A. Hayley B. Tiger C. Mark
17. Where will the swimming competition be held?
A. At the Madison Sports Center B. At the school swimming pool
C. At the new town swimming pool
18. When will Grade 7and their teachers gather?
A. At 9:30 B. At 9:35 C. At 9:45
19. How many buses are provided in all?
A. Three B. Four C. Five
20. What do the students need to prepare themselves?
A. Lunch B. Cold drinks C. Light snacks
Nicholas, a teenager, went skiing at Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine One Sunday . In the early afternoon, when he was planning to go home, a fierce snowstorm swept into the area. Unable to see far, he accidentally turned off the path. Before he knew it, Nicholas was lost, all alone! He didn’t have food, water, a phone, or other supplies. He was getting colder by the minute.
Nicholas had no idea where he was. He tried not to panic. He thought about all the survival shows he had watched on TV. It was time to put the tips he had learned to use.
He decided to stop skiing. There was a better chance of someone finding him if he stayed put. The first thing he did was to find shelter form the freezing wind and snow. If he didn’t, his body temperature would get very low, which could quickly kill him.