英 语 试 题
1. The Great Wall is the last place ________ we will visit.
A. where B. which C. that D. in which
2. What big fish! Where did you get ________? It is the first time I ________ such fish.
A it…see B. it…have seen C. them…see D. them… have seen
3. In the dark street, he had no one to ________ for help.
A. turn up B. turn around C. turn to D. turn down
4. The dards are gathering as if it ________ rain.
A. will B. would C. were going to D. is going to
5. You can’t imagine the trouble she ________ her missing child.
A. had found B. had finding C. had to find D. has found
6. Luckily we had a map, without ________ we would have got lost.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
7. The cow ________ by the fire rushed out into the street.
A. frightening B. frightened C. was frightened D. be frightened
8. It is surprising for them to complete ________ work in ________.
A. so little…such a short time B. so much… so short time
C. such little…so short a time D. so much…such a short time
9. In the accident, only 3 of the miners escaped ________ by the gases.
A. killed B. killing C. to be killed D. being kill
10. You can marself ________ in English quite well if you keep on speaking the language.
A. understood B. understand C. to understand D. understanding
One of my fondest memories as a child is going by the river and sitting on the bank. There I would 11 the peace and quiet, watch the water rush 12 and listen to the singing of birds and the rustling of 13 in the trees. I would also watch the bamboo trees 14 under pressure from the wind and watch them 15 gracefully to their original position after the wind had 16 .
When I thint the bamboo tree's ability to bounce back to its original position, the word "resilience"（恢复能力） comes to mind. When used in 17 a person this word means the ability to readily 18 from shock, depression or any other situation that stretches the limits of a person's 19 .
Have you ever felt li are at your 20 point? Thankfully, you have survived the experience to live to talt it.