Topic the uses of verbs in Grammar Filling
Teaching aims By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
1. master the basic structures of verbs and part of non-finite verbs
2. enable to use the proper forms of verbs and non-finite verbs used as adverbial
3. build and boost self-confidence in Grammar Filling.
Teaching key points Use the proper forms of verbs such as tense, voice, and subject-verb agreement.
Teaching difficult points Use the proper forms of non-finite verbs as adverbial.
Teaching procedures and activities
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
Step I Lead-in
2. Introduce requirements and solutions to Grammar Filling
3. Use a mind map to summarize what are tested in Grammar Filling
Thint what will be tested in Grammar Filling
Step II Discuss different forms of verbs and non-finite verbs in doing Grammar Filling
1. Finish the exercises and discuss different forms of verbs
2. Finish the exercises and discuss uses of non-finite verbs as adverbial
Non-finite verbs (一般式；进行式；完成式)
3. Summarize the problems needed to pay attention to
Finish the exercises on worksheet and find out different uses of verbs, such as tense, voice and subject-verb agreement
Complete the exercises on worksheet and explore the uses of non-finite verbs as adverbial
Pay attention to tense and voice of non-finite verbs