定 语 从 句
An attributive clause modifies a noun in the same way that an adjectie or prepositional phrase does. The noun it modifies is called an antecedent.
Examples: the green team
the team in green
the team who are wearing green
1. She was the teacher who taught us English literature.
She was the teacher. She taught us English literature.
2. All my ates enjoyed the cake that / whiade.
All my ates enjoyed the cake. I made the cake.
3. I sat next to a girl whose name was Diane.
I sat next to a girl. The girl’s name was Diane.
4. Do you still remember the day when we left you in charge?
Do you still remember the day? We left you in charge on that day.
1) I know the boy. He can speak English well.
2) Mary bought a little bird. It was very pretty.
3) The season is summer. It es after spring.
4) I have a friend. His father is a teacher .
5) That building is my uncle’s house. Its wall is white.
6) He is s singer. I like his songs very much.
7) The man was American. I spoke to him yesterday.
8) I can’t find the house. My friend lives in it.
9) I know the boy. You are looking for him.
10) This is the town. He was born in the town.
11) We arrived here on the day. Do you remember it?
5. The money with which you were to buy dog food is gone.
The money is gone. You were to buy dog food with the money.
6. This is not a family where bad behavior goes unpunished.
Bad behavior goes unpunished in the family. This is not such a family.
7. I don’t know the reason why the house is so dirty.
The house is so dirty. I don’t know the reason for it.
1） Art is something _____ _______ I know very little.
2) This is the shop ____ ____ I bought my favourite dress.
3) The headmaster is the person _____ ____ I got the cup.
4) Mr Ma is the person ______ ______ we learned how to write with brushes.
5) I won’t listen to the reason _____ you didn’t do your homework.
6) It rained the whole day ____ _____ he travelled with his family.
7) We thought you were a person _____ _______we could expect good decisions.
8) We saw several natives advancing towards our party, and one of them e up to us, ____ ______ we gave some bells and glasses.
9) He was educated at a local grammar school, _____ _____ he went to bridge.
1. The number of people _______ lost homes reached as many as 250,000.