第I卷 （选择题 共90分）
1. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In a kitchen. B. In a garden. C. In a market.
2. What are the speakers probably doing at the moment?
A. Making a TV program.
B. Seeing a foreign film on TV.
C. Watching a TV weather report.
3. How many people were there in the car?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
4. What are the two speakers talking about?
A. A plant. B. A book. C. A painting.
5. What is it usually called when a cyclone is formed along the Atlantic coast?
A. Typhoon. B. Hurricane. C. Typhoon or hurricane.
6. Why did the woman feel sleepy?
A. She stayed up late to watch a basketball match.
B. She wrote a report on a basketball match last night.
C. She played basketball last night.
7. What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Colleagues（同事）. B. Classmates. C. Couples.
8. How do the speakers get the detailed weather information?
A. From the TV weather report.
B. By the cell phone message.
C. Through the internet.
9. What will the weather be like tomorrow?
A. A sunny day except for a thunderstorm.
B. A week long lasting high temperature.
C. Fine with several showers.
10. Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A. In the kindergarten. B. In the circus. C. In the zoo.
11. What kind of picture does the man advise the woman to take?
A. A monkey playing with a kid.
B. A monkey rescuing a kid.
C. A monkey posing alone.
12. Why does the man remind the woman to cut that out?
A. The monkey can’t understand the instruction in English.
B. The monkey is smiling too ugly.
C. The monkey is not attractive.
13. How many pets does the man’s family have?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
14. What do we know about their pet dog?
A. It was trained when it was young.
B. It is used to lead their blind family member.
C. It often has a reunion with them in the street.
15. What is the main purpose for people to keep pets?
A. To protect all kinds of animals.
B. To be companions to people.
C. To help those who are blind.
16. What is the biggest cost to keep pets?
A. Medicine. B. Food. C. Clothing.
17. What is the speaker mainly talking about?
A. His ways of making friends.
B. The weather in his hometown.
C. His small talt the weather.
18. What does the speaker dislike most about the weather?
A. The humidity. B. The coldness. C. The hotness.
19. What do we know about the people in the speaker’s hometown?
A. They have a good judgment of the weather.
B. They can predict the weather 5 days ahead.
C. They care much about the weather.
20. Who said the quote?
A. Einstein. B. Mark Twain. C. Newton.
It was a winter morning, just a couple of weeks before Christmas 2005. While most people were warming up their cars, Trevor, my husband, had to get up early to ride his bir kilometers away from home to work. On arrival, he parked his bitside the back door as he usually does. After putting in 10 hours of labor, he returned to find his bike gone.
The bike, a black Kona 18 speed, was our only transport. Trevor used it to get to wortting in 60-hour weepport his young family. And the bike was also used to get groceries（食品杂货），saving us from having to walk long distances from where we live.
I was so sad that someone would steal our bike that I wrote to the newspaper and told them our story. Shortly after that, several people in our area of