1. What did the boy’s father use to be ten years ago?
A. A doctor. B. A teacher. C. An English teacher.
2. When should Nancy call Johnson?
A. At 3:45 pm B. At 4:00 pm C. At 4:15 pm
3. Where is the shopping list?
A. On the bed. B. On the table. C. In the desk.
4. How much does the man have to pay?
A. 13 pounds. B. 15 pounds. C. 30 pounds.
5. Why can’t the girl take part in the sports meeting?
A. Because she doesn’t like high jump.
B. Because she can’t jump high.
C. Because she broke her leg last week.
6. Where does the man want to go?
A. To New York B. To London C. To Paris
7. How long does the man need to wait for the next train?
A. For 35 minutes B. For 45 minutes C. For 55 minutes
8. Why is the girl going to buy a present for her uncle?
A. The boy asks her to do that.
B. Her uncle’s birthday is coming.
C. Her uncle is leaving.
9. Why doesn’t the girl want to buy a watch for her uncle?
A. Her uncle doesn’t like the things that cost her too much.
B. She doesn’t have enough money for that.
C. Her uncle has already got one.
10. What does the girl decide to buy at last?
A. Some books. B. A watch C. A tie.
11. Where is the parking lot?
A. In front of the hotel. B. Across from the hotel. C. Behind the hotel.
12. How will the tourists go there?
A. By train. B. By bike. C. By bus.
13. What need the tourists show when they have lunch?
A. A blue card. B. A blue ticket. C. A blue key.
14. What season is it now?
A. Summer. B. Winter. C. Spring.2•1•c•n•j•y
15.Which of the following is right?
A. The tourists will visit Mount Huang.
B. The tourists will have breakfast at eight.
C. The tourists will get on the bus at the parking lot.
There was once a young man who began to feel self-satisfied after some small achievements.
One day, the young man took a walk with a 16______ man from the town. On the way the young man was bragging(吹嘘) about himself, 17______ the wise man didn’t say a word. When they 18______ the top, the wise man asked, “Look down. What do you see ?” “I see trees, farmland, houses and people as 19______ as ants working in the fields,” the young man said.
“What do you feel?” the wise man asked.
“Everything is 20______ me. I feel I rule the world,” the young man answered.
The wise man said 21______. After a minute, he asked the young man to look 22______. “What do you see this time?” the wise man asked.
“I see 23______ flying around high mountains, the white clouds on the mountains and the 24______ sky above the white clouds,” the young man answered.
Then he asked the wise man’s 25______. “I feel small and powerless,” the wise man answered. “A person who knows to look upward can 26______ understand his position(位置). When a person knows the blue sky is always overhead, he won’t be so 27______ as to believe he rules over the world or other people.”
The young man felt foolish for his 28______. From then on , 29______ he began to feel as if the world owed(亏欠) him something, he loop at the sky and remembered 30 ______small he really was. Try to look upward when you feel too good about yourself.
16. A．busy B．lazy C．wise D．hard-working
17. A．if B．but C．so D．or
18. A．got to B．got off C．arrived in D．got up
19. A．fat B．light C．small D．strong
20. A．below B．above C．between D．against
21. A．Everything B. anything C．something D．nothing
22. A．up B．down C．out D．after
23. A．monkeys B．tigers C．chicks D．birds
24. A．red B．blue C．green D．black
25. A．ways B．name C．feelings D．address
26. A．badly B．angrily C．hardly D．clearly
27. A．clever B．smart C．silly D．useful
28. A．pride B．success C．luck D．smell
29. A．whatever B．whenever C．wherever D．however
30. A．why B．where C．how D．what
If you need our service, please call 5161982.
Excellent Room for girls. Single, $115 a month. Double, $ 180 a month. Call 5160594.
Family Home, 3 bedrooms, large yard. Call 3125766.
Youth Paradise, room for boys, $ 100 per person. Call 8830553.
Coat for man, size 42, 1 year old, $85. After 6pm, Call 2125978
Color TV, size 21, $ 150; MP3 player. $45; Recorder, $25. Call 6963749.
If you can find a few hours during the day to look after 2 school age children, please call 3133694.
A magazine needs a reporter. He or she should be good at writing in Chinese.
Experience needed. Call 5201314.
A yellow bag with a mobile phone and some books was left behind the library. Will
the finder come to Class 1, Grade 3?