Part 1 Listening （第一部分 听力）
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) (共30 分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (6 分)
1. ______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______ 5. ______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)：(8分)
7. A) Egypt. B) Asia. C) Africa. D) A geography lesson.
8. A) Ben's. B) Billy's. C) Tom's. D) Tim's.
9. A) Tuesday. B) Wednesday. C) Thursday. D) Friday.
10. A) 125 yuan. B) 145 yuan. C) 115 yuan. D) 135 yuan.
11. A) Alice. B) Jill. C) William. D) Joe.
12. A) In a nearby shop. B) In a fast food restaurant.
C) In the woman's car. D) At a friend's home.
13. A) Monkeys. B) Pandas. C) Cats. D) Elephants.
14. A) He didn't sleep well. B) He went to bed too late.
C) He got up too late. D) He had a cold.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断
下列句子是否符合你听到的内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示) (6分)
15. People who spend holidays in France can only stay in a tree house.
16. Travelers don't have to pay much to stay in a tree house.
17. Living in a tree house takes people back to their childhood.
18. To stay in a "star cube" (立方体) is just as comfortable as in a hotel.
19. In a "star cube", people can look at the stars through its roof.
20. People like tree houses because they want to become the forest kings.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences（听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词）（10分）
21. Ernest Hemingway's (海明威) __________ __________ with nature made him interested in outdoor adventures -- hunting and fishing.
22. __________ __________ from high school in 1917, Hemingway worked as a reporter for a newspaper named the Kansas City Star.
23. Hemingway __________ __________ in a battle and was sent to a hospital in Milan.
24. Four years later, he wrote A Farewell to Arms (永别了，武器), a sad love story of an __________ __________ and a British nurse.
25. In 1952, his last novel, The Old Man and the Sea __________ __________ and it made Hemingway famous and gained him the Pulitzer Prize (普利策奖) in 1952 and the Nobel Prize in literature in 1954.
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
II．Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) ：（共20分）
26. Mother told Tom to behave himself. Which of the following is correct for the underlined word in the sentence?
A) /bɪ'hev/ B) /bɪ'heɪv/ C) /be'heɪv/ D) /bɪ'hi: v/
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation with others?
A) Do you know the gentleman in black? B) Tom and Jack are in different regions.
C) Mike is asked to go and fetch the box. D) I expect you will win the match.
28. There is ______ 'h" in the word 'hour'.
A) / B) the C) a D) an
29. The ______ teachers wondered if the ______ students were in trouble. .
A) woman...boy B) women...boy C) woman...boys D) women...boys
30. Mich a kind teacher that he always gives us ______ advice.
A) many B) a number of C) lots of D) a few
31. I can't find ______ in the cardboard box. It's empty.
A) something B) anything C) nothing D) some things .
32. Mobile phones are very popular now and they are ______ than before.
A) cheap B) more cheaper C) much cheaper D) the cheapest
33. Tom gets up early every day except Saturday or Sunday, because he ______ go to school.
A) mustn't B) needn't C) shouldn't D) can't
34. His father ______ from England in three days.
A) returns B) has returned C) will return D) returned
35. The national flag ______ in our school before morning exercises every day.
A) rise B) is raised C) is risen D) raises
36. Mary asked, "Would you mind my ______ the window?"
A) open B) to open C) opened D) opening
37. We are very delighted ______ you here in Shanghai.
A) to meet B) met C) meet D) meeting
38. There will be a wonderful lecture tomorrow. Would you like to ______ it?
A) join B) join in C) enter for D) attend
39. Fresh water is ______ precious ______ it is sometimes called liquid gold.
A) such...that B) too...to C) as...as D) so...that
40. A large group of students are waiting ______ the bus stop for the school bus.
A) for B) at C) to D) on
41. He didn't tell us ______.
A) if he will give us a lecture B) whether he would go with you
C) when would he start D) when he will arrive
42. - ______ bad news it was that there was something harmful in some fishes!
A) What a B) How a C) What D) How
43. How long ______ in China?
A) have Mrs. Williams stayed B) did Mrs. Williams stayed
C) will Mrs. Williams be stayed D) was Mrs. Williams
44. A: Would you please buy some stamps for me on your way to work?
A) No, I have no time. B) Don't give it up!
C) With pleasure. D) My pleasure.
45. Which of the following separates England from France?
A) The Red Sea B) The Mediterranean
C) The Atlantic Ocean D) The English Channel
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once. (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空限填一词，每词只能填一次) （共8分）
A. without B. useful C. attention D. followed E. difficult
Hedy Lamarr was born in 1914. When she was still a teenager, she fell in love with acting. Soon she was discovered by an American director. At t