江苏省海安高级中学2016-2017学年高一上学期英语《Looking good, feeling good》期末复习练习试题
江苏省海安高级中学高一英语期末复习练习(III) Unit 3 Looking good, feeling good
1. It is the only name _____ I can find for the book.
A. who B. that C. which D. whom
2. The police are _____ the cause of the accident.
A. looking into B. loop C. loot D. looking for
3. He must be from Africa, _____ can be seen from his skin.
A. which B. where C. who D. that
4. Lucy came to No. 2 High School in 2003, and it wasn’t long _____ she became a good teacher.
A. since B. when C. before D. after
5. _____ do you think is happening there?
A. How B. What C. When D. Which
6. I have _____ the singer, but I don’t _____ him very well.
A. known; know about B. known; know C. known about; know D. known of; know about
7. We’d like to know the reason _____ he was late today.
A. for B. why C. when D. that
8.The woman doctor will _____ the famous singer next year.
A. be married B. marry to C. marry with D. marry
9. We think the film _____ a country teacher is the best.
A. is about B. is for C. about D. for her
10. The children have learned ten foreign songs _____.
A. in all B. after all C. at all D. of all
11. Miss Wang is ill, so I’ll _____ to teach you Lesson 20.
A. take place B. take his place C. take place of D. take a place
12. His parents were so poor that they couldn’t _____ to buy a computer for their only son.
A. pay B. cost C. spend D. afford
13. All the patients _____ the doctors and nurses in the hospital.
A. think good of B. speak high of C. think highly of D. speak kind of
14. I wonder how you feel _____ the ending of the movie.
A．in B. with C. about D. for
15. In the reading-room there are tables _____ you can sit reading.
A．in which B. at where C. in where D. at which
16. The sun _____ we get heat and light is the most important source of energy.
A．which B. that C. from which D. form it
17. The boss _____ Mr. Wang worked for five years was very cruel.
A．with him B. for whom C. whom D. whose
18. Your composition is well written ______ a few spelling mistakes, his is also well written ______ yours.
A. except, except B. except for, besides C. besides, except D. except for, except
19. The ______ look on his face suggested he _______ that.
A. surprised; hadn’t expected B. surprising; hadn’t expected
C. surprised; hasn’t expected D. surprised; wouldn’t have expected
20. I noticed that she had placed my old shoes under the bed, __ with a hole at each of the big toes.
A. the one B. the ones C. that D. which
21. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, ______ great it is.
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
22. — What are you busy ______? —I’m busy ______ the plan for the trip.
A. in; to make B. with; to make C. in; making D. with; making
23. We don’t allow ______ in the office. But you are allowed ______ in the next room.
A. smoking; to smoke B. to smoke; to smoke C. smoking; smoke D. smoke; smoking
24. I’m sorry I didn’t mean ______ you.
A. hurt B. to hurt C. hurting D. having hurt
25. He used ______ he had to buy a computer.
A. all what B. what that C. that D. what
26. ______ Japan lies China.
A. To west B. On the west of C. West of D. In the west of
27. On how to improve our spoken English, Mr. Smith has given us ______.
A. many good advices B. a number of advice C. much advice D. some advices
28. Although you are not satisfied with me, I have done all that I ______ you.
A. can to help B. can help C. can helping D. can to helping
29. It is bad manners for us students to ______ lies.
A. say B. speak C. talt D. tell
30. I was about to leave the office ______ the telephone rang. So I stopped ______ it.
A. when; to answer B. when; to reply C. while; answering D. as; replying
31. —I was going to skate on Sunday, but I can’t go now. —______.
A. What a pity B. No matter C. I don’t mind D. Let’s make it at 7:30
32. Is ___ true that the meeting will be held next week?
A. that B. he C. this D. it
33. She had to _____ the plan in the end.
A. give in B. give up C. give off D. give out
34. To her happiness, her wish ______ at last.
A. realized B. was come true C. was realized D. was destroyed