江苏省海安高级中学2016-2017学年高一上学期英语《Tales of the unexplained》期末复习练习试题
江苏省海安高级中学高一英语期末复习练习(IV) Unit 1 Tales of the unexplained
1. Henry set up a club for football fans,_____ he invited all his friends.
A. to which B. to whom C. for whom D. from which
2. You can hardly imagine the difficulty the woman had _____ her children.
A. bought up B. to bring up C. bringing up D. to have brought up
3. When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door _____ we don’t see the one which has been opened for us.
A. which B. that C. as D. when
4. —Whom do you want to see at the moment? — The man ______ Mr. Li.
A. called himself B. you call C. calling him D. is called
5. It’s too late to go out now. ____ , it’s starting to rain.
A. Besides B. Meanwhile C. However D. Anyhow
6. Mary as well as her sister ____ Chinese in China.
A. are studying B. have studied C. studies D. study
7. By the time he leaves university, he _____ much work experience so long as he takes a part-time job.
A. will have gained B. has gained C. may have gained D. will gain
8. He told me ____ he had come the day before and ___ he was going to stay here for a week.
A./;/ B. that; / C./; that D. how; /
9.—Haven't seen you for ages! Do you still work in Qingdao? —_____.It's two years since I worked there.
A. Yes, I have B. Yes, I do C. No, I haven't D. No, I don't
10. Before ____ who had arrested him three times for drug-taking.
A. George stood the policeman B. George the policeman stood
C. the policeman stood George D. George did the policeman stand
11.—What terrible weather! I simply can't get the lorry _____. —Why not try _____ the engine with hot water?
A. started; to fill B. starting; to fill C. start; filling D. to start; filling
12. —What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game.
—_____. Whatever you want to do is fine with me.
A. It just depends B. It’s up to you C. All right D. Glad to hear that
13. —I’m sorry I don’t speak English very well.
—No, your English is good enough. —__________.
A. No, I don’t think so B. Than
C. I’m very sorry to hear that D. But yours is much better than mine
14. At first ,___ English language stayed ______ the language _____ in Britain.
A. the, same lised B./, the same like, being used
C. the, the same as, used D. /, the same as, using
15.______ trees _______ in the past few years.
A. A good many of , were planted B. A good many, were planted
C. A number of , have planted D. A number of, have been planted
16. Some people like dogs______ others like cats.
A. while B. besides C. and so D. when
17. You are doing well in your French; _____, you can do it a lot better.
A. however B. but C. instead D. then
18. —Why didn’t you go to see the film yesterday ?
—The reason was ______ I was ill.
A. because B. that C. why D. for p’
19. —Oh, my God! I failed in the exam. — How _____ it _____?
A. did , come about B. was , happened C. did , come along D. was, taken place
20. It is kind ____ my English.
A. for you to help me B. for you to help me with C. of you to help me D. of you to help me to learn
21. I can’t eat anything with someone_____ me.
A. looking at B. look at C. to look at D. looked at
22. The teacher explained ______ once again.
A. us the problem B. for us the problem C. the problem for us D. the problem to us
23. Though I didn’t succeed this time, I would try ______time.
A. the ninth B. the nine C. a ninth D. a nineth
24.__________ English _____ is very important.
A. Practising every day, everyday B. Practising everyday, every day
C. Practise everyday, every day D. To practise every day, everyday
25. Do you mind if I use your bike?
A. Yes, please B. of course, please C. No, go ahead D. Yes, you can use it
26. You left without ____ me. Can you tell me the reason ____ that?
A. telling , of B. tell, of C. telling , for D. to tell, for
27. All the children slept in ____ beds, _____ two, who slept on the floor.
A. separate; except B. separated; besides C. his own; except for D. their won; besides
28. The old woman was run over______ while she _____ the street.
A. by bus; across B. by a bus; across C. by bus; crossed D. by a bus; crossed
29. I know nothing about the young lady______ she is from Beijing.
A. except B. except for C. except that D. besides
30. The speaker spoke in a loud voice _____ he could be heard by all.
A. so that B. in order to C. so as to D. in order which
31. Mother told Jim to stop, but he went on_______.
A. run B. ran C. to run D. running
32. It is too late to leave, _____ , we have much more work to do here.
A. besides B. except C. otherwise D. howev