1. Is ______ France ______ Asian or a European country?
A. the; an B. /; an C. / ; a D. /; the
2. Hepburn won an Oscar ______ Best Actress ______ her role ______ the film Roman Holiday.
A. of; for; in B. of; of; for C. for; of; in D. for; for; in
3. You mean that is a _______ broadcast, not a recording?
A. living B. lively C. live D. alive
4. I ________ be a little bit slow, but at least I don’t make foolish mistakes.
A. should B. may C. must D. need
5. You can visit Zhalong Nature Reserve, one of the few places on Earth _____ red-crowned cranes
A. which B. that C. where D. when
6. ---She broke her mother’s favourite vase______ she stood up.
---It’s a pity!
A. while B. as C. after D. until
7. --- Driving on icy roads is very dangerous ! The more ice there is, the _______ down the road you have to loo should be more careful.
--- OK, I will.
A. more far B. farer C. farther D. farthest
8. ---I’m still working on my project.
---Oh, you’ll miss the deadline（截止期限）. Time is________.
A. running out B. going out C. giving up D. losing out
9. --- When will they finish filming the documentary? --- _________________.
A. Until next month B. Not until next week
C. A month later D. For a month
10. The old man keeps coughing________. I’m afraid you have to send him to hospital.
A. between morning to night B. from morning to night
C. between morning and night D. from morning and night
11. The social worker asked Daniel ______________.
A. if did he have any problem B. who he played football with the day before C. how long he usually spent on his homework D. what he will do this summer
12. ---I met Daniel in the street yesterday, I ________ him since he left for Beijing.
--- Well, does he look like what he used to be?
A. haven’t seen B. didn’t see C. hadn’t seen D. wouldn’t see
13. China began to open to the outside world in the late 1970s. _________, there have been great changes in the country.
A. By then B. As a result C. At last D. In all
14. ---It is selfless ______ the doctor to devote all the time he had ________ for the patients.
---I think so, they are so great.
A. for; to care B. of; to care C. for; to caring D. of; to caring
15. --- I really want to give up my dream of being an actress.
--- ______. You are so young that you still have more chances.
A. Don’t do it like that B. It’s a good idea.
C. Why not start again? D. How lovely you are.
When I was young, I always helped my grandfather in the fields. As I worked beside him, he 16 to tell a story about a man named Joe, and his wife, who moved to a new farm with their three sons. They were setting into the new place 17 a nearby farmer told Joe that there was gold in the earth. Joe was very 18 , and told his sons