2. 答题前，考生务必将自己的姓名、考试证号填写在试卷上. 并填写答题卡上的信息。
1.- When would you like to go swimming with me, this Friday or this Saturday?
-___________.I am free only this Sunday.
A. None B. Both C. Either D. Neither
2.- Can you give me some advice on how to be slimmer?
- Eat __________ meat and ___________cakes.
A. less; less B. fewer; fewer C. less; fewer D. fewer; less
3. Jim is watching a football match which is shown __________TV. Though he is not on the
scene, he can still cheer for his team.
A. lively B. live C. living D. alive
4. - ______________I keep the book for a week?
- Sorry, I'm afraid you ______________.
A. Need; couldn't B. Need; can't C. May; couldn't D. May; can’t
5. You must raise your hand if you have any questions in class._________, your teacher won’t
A. Otherwise B. Anyhow C. Instead D. Moreover
6. He chose to study in a junior school near his home. It __________ to be a wise decision.
A. put out B. put on C. turned out D. turned on
7. I won't stop loving English ___________ the sun rises in the west.
A. if B. although C. because D. unless
8. In the library, students are required to keep ___________ and move ____________.
A. quiet; quiet B. quiet; quietly C. quietly; quiet D. quietly; quietly
9. -Could you tell me ___________ the music?
- He used traditional Chinese music art and the sounds of an ancient Chinese bell.
A. how he made B. how did he make
C. why he made D. why did he make
10. - How would you lir coffee?
A. I like it very much. B. With some milk, please.
C. No thanks. D. Yes, it smells good.
二、完形填空（共12小题; 每小题1分, 满分12分）
阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的A、B、D四个选项中, 选出最佳选项。并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Basketball can be fun, or it can be trouble. People gather around a ball, but their reactions (反应) often go 11 the object. It was a terribly hot summer day when the group of us appeared on the basketball court. Silently, we 12 up and played, as always. The sun was a big " squeezer (挤压者)", as it not only squeezed out of us sweet (汗水) and 13 , but also our unhappy feelings. Body contact became more and more often, and we could all 14 the attacks of elbows (肘部). After another round of game, one of the players and I fell to the ground at the same time. From his burning eyeballs. I could see a 15 was almost unavoidable.
It suddenly came to me that my tins of Cola were lying on the ground, about an inch away from me. "Buddy, hot down here. What about a 16 ?" I said to him. 17 I rolled (滚动) one to him, looking at him in the eyes with my most sincere facial expression. "I guess I'm quite fine. Lucky no 18 bones or we'll end up in the hospital! " I said.
Other players watching nearby all laughed. I could clearly see some movement on his face. My 19 did work! He picked the Cola up, tried to open it, and walked over. As he passed by my side, he 20 his left hand, and smiled at me. I smiled back, took his hand, and gave him a light shake.
A gentle wind caught me on the face as I returned to the basketball court. The sun continued to provide 21 for us. What could be better than a group of school students 22 basketball skills on a warm, sunny afternoon?
11. A. towards B. about C. beyond D. for
12. A. teamed B. cheered C. cooked D. caught
13. A. time B. energy C. health D. pride
14. A. accept B. afford C. smell D. feel
15. A. match B. fight C. touch D. risk
16. A. game B. talk C. drink D. ball
17. A. Angrily B. Equally C. Guiltily D. Carefully
18. A. lazy B. hidden C. medical D. broken
19. humor B. chance C. advice D. trust
20. A. looked at B. thought of C. put away D. held out
21. A. worry B. warmth C. stress D. peace
22. A. protecting B. encouraging C. exchanging D. comparing
三、阅读理解（共13小题; 每小题2分, 满分26分）
阅读下列短文, 从短文后各题所给的A,B,C,D四个选项中, 选出最佳选项。
The Dead Sea
At 430 meters below sea level, the Dead Sea is Earth's lowest point on land. It is popular for its wonderful buoyancy(浮力). The high salt content-more than 34 percent - makes swimming more like floating.
Now the Dead Sea is actually dying. People are using w