4. A. It's twelve. B. It's my bag. C. It's yellow.
5. A. In winter. B. By car. C. Class 3.
6. A. It's behind the building. B. That's all right. C. Welcome to my school.
7. Who is Jack?
A. Lily's brother. B. Lily's cousin. C. Lily's uncle.
8. How old is Jack?
A. Thirteen. B. Fourteen. C. Fifteen.
9. What is Bill doing now?
A. Doing his homework. B. Making a card. C. Having a party.
10. What present does Bill's mother want to give Dad?
A. A pen. B. A card. C. A cake.
11. What does Mary have to do on Saturday morning?
A. Do the housework.
B. Visit her grandparents.
C. Have maths lessons.
12. When can they go to the movies?
A. On Saturday morning. B. On Sunday afternoon. C. On Saturday afternoon.
Tony's life in Beijing
What's he doing? Learning lots of 13 .
Where's he now? In a beautiful 14 .
How is the weather? It's 15 .
What does he think of the 16 here? Great but different.
When is his trip to the museum? Next 17 .
18. I have a brother. _________ name is Paul.
A. Her B. His C. Your
19. Tom usually gets up _________ 6:00 in the morning.
A. at B. in C. on
20. —Mum, _________ is my coat?
—It's over there.
A. which B. what C. where
21. I live far from my school, _________ I'm never late.
A. and B. so C. but
22. —How many __________ do you want?
A. tomatoes B. bread C. carrot
23. —Have we got __________ milk in the fridge?
—No, we haven't. But we've got __________ juice in it.
A. some; any B. any; some C. some; some
24. There __________ six buildings in our school.
A. is B. are C. have
25. We __________ lessons this afternoon. Let's play football.
A. doesn't have B. not have C. don't have
26. Mary's father is a teacher. He __________ in a high school.
A. teach B. teaches C. teaching
27. —Alice, be quiet, please. I __________ on the phone.
A. am talking B. talks C. talk
Blind and Kind
Philip is 55 and blind (失明的). He says he doesn't think he is missing (错过) anything. He can smell a rose, but he cannot tell if it is red, white, or blue. It doesn't matter; he 28 the beauty of the scent (气味) itself.
But his life is not a bed of roses. It is 29 for him to travel. He cannot drive ; he travels by bus. At home, he cannot loot of the window to see what the weather is like. He can't look at the clock on the wall to see what time it is, so he uses his Braille (盲文) 30 for that.
He must 31 put everything in the same place. If he doesn't, "I'll spend forever looking for it," he laughs.
Philip can look for and loot he cannot 32 . He says people often correct (纠正) themselves when talking to him. They say, "I see," meaning "I understand (明白). " But then they think it's not good, so they say, "I mean, I understand. "
Philip never sees a good movie or a bad TV show. He is a musician. He plays the guitar . Four times a week, he travels to Old Town on the 33 in the afternoon. He gets off at the bus stop and then finds his way to The Cap, a hat store. In front of The Cap is his "place".