1.I think playing ______ football is a good way to learn the spirit of teamwork.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. The 3-D film The Angry Birds opened in Chinese cinemas ______ May 20, 2016.
A. on B. at C. in D. to
3. My cousin Andrew is crazy about doing many things by _____.
A. herself B. himself C. him D. her
4. Life is like riding a bicycle. To r ______, you must keep moving.
A. promise B. position C. balance D. ability
5. The rich were _____ one of the four main classes in the Aztec society.
A. the most powerful B. the more powerful C. more powerful D. powerful
6. –Is that man Mr. Green?
– It _____ be him. He has gone to Paris on business.
A. may B. must C. can’t D. shouldn’t
7. –_____ do you go to Mrs Rainbow’s colour therapy?
– Once every two weeks.
A. How often B. How soon C. How long D. How far
8. It seems that El Niño ____ some disasters in the world in the past few months.
A. has caused B. is causing C. will cause D. caused
9. My grandma’s hobby is _____ cooking _____ watching TV. It’s square dancing.
A. not only, but also B. neither, nor C. both, and D. either, or
10. Watch out, Peter！ _____ is a little boy playing ahead on the road.
A. It B. This C. That D. There
11. We must do everything we can ______ waste water from running into rivers.
A. prevent B. prevented C. preventing D. to prevent
12. In Switzerland, things like glass and plastic _____ into different groups and then recycled
A. separate B. separated C. are separated D. is separated
13. – I wonder _____.
–Yes, of course.
A. why we will visit this museum B. when we will get to the museum
C. whether the museum is worth visiting D. what we can see in the museum
14. – Than very much for giving me some advice on how to deal with stress
A. That’s true B. Don’t mention it C. OK. I’ll try D. I don’t think so.
15. “_____”is used for saying that what you do is more important than what you say you will do.
A. Every dog has its day. B. Practice makes perfect.
C. Many hands make light work. D. Actions speader than words.
One night in November, It Perlman gave a concert in a theatre. If you have ever been to a Perlman concert, you know that becoming a violinist is not a small 16 for him. He had to walk 17 the help of two walking sticks as a result of the disease he caught as a child.
People sat 18 while he made his way to his chair and began his play. But this time, something went 19 . Just as he finished the first few parts of the music, one of the wrings(弦) on his violin 20 . We thought that he would have to stop the concert. But he didn’t. 21 , he waited a moment, closed his eyes and then 22 the condu