When a friend was visiting David, it began 1 . So David told him 2 that night. “You may stay here 3 the night,” he said. “OK,” answered his friend.
But 4 minutes 5 , the friend went out. He didn't tell David where 6 going nor(也没有)did he ask for an umbrella.
When David was about 7 , his friend 8 . He was all wet through.
“Where 9 you 9 ?”asked David.
“I have been 10 ,”answered the friend, “to tell my mother that I'll not go home tonight because of the rain.”
1. A. raining B. to rain C. rain D. rains
2. A. to go not home B. don't to go home
C. not to go home D. doesn't to go home
3. A. for B. to Ｃ.of D. up
4. A. few B. little C. a little D. a few
5. A. late B. after C. lately D. later
6. A. is he B. was he C. he is D. he was
7. A. to go to sleep B. to go to bed
C. going to bed D. go to bed
8. A. returned B. returns Ｃ. to return D. returning
9. A. have…gone B. have…been to
C. has…gone D. have…been
10. A. to home B. home to C. home D. homed
2．选C。 本题是不定式的否定式作宾语补足语，用tell sb not to do sth的句型，在不定式的否定式中，not要放在不定式符号to之前，这是最容易搞错的。
4．选D。 本题是修饰可数名词，很显然应该用a few, few含有否定意义，其余两项都修饰不可数名词，均应排除。
5．选D。 表示一段时间以后，用later或after, later放在时间之后，after放在时间之前，其余选项均错误。
7．选B。 be about后应接不定式，表示即将做某事，此处是他将要去睡觉，而Ａ是睡着，故Ｂ为正确答案。