《Travelling around Asia》辅导讲义
学员编号： 年 级：初一 课 时 数：3
学员姓名： 辅导科目：英语 学科教师：
授课类型 T（Unit6单词、词组） C（条件状语从句） T（完形填空与书面表达专训）
Have a free talk according to the photos and the phrases below.
The Great Wall Tian’ anmen Square The Palace Museum
North of Beijing in the centre of Beijing in the centre of Beijing
See beautiful mountains from see soldiers raising the Chinese see many ancient buildings
the wall national flag learn about the history of China
Shanghai is one of the largest cities in the world. If you like sightseeing, you will love it!
People’s Squares is in the centre of Shanghai. It is a large public area with green grass, fountains and birds. If you visit People’s Square, you can also see famous buildings around it, such as the Shanghai Grand Theatre and the Shanghai Museum.
part2. Read these sentences. Pay attention to the letters in bold.
1. My friend is a football fan.
2. Victor loves vegetables.
3. Shirley is shopping at a shop.
4. We watch television for pleasure.
5. Theo Smith has three thin teeth.
6. They are my father and mother.
Important Sentences with Words and Phrases
1. In this unit, you will learn about some large cities in China and other countries in Asia.
Europe n.欧洲 Africa n.非洲 North America n.北美洲 South America n.南美洲
2. Shanghai is one of the largest cities in the world. If you like _________ (the visiting of interesting places.), you will love it!
I’m going sightseeing for the rest of the day. （to go sightseeing去观光）
Did you have a chance to do any sightseeing ? 你有没有出去游览的机会？ （do some sightseeing游览）
“one of + the最高级+名词复数”意为“最……之一”，如：Tom is one of the tallest boys in our class.
当其作主语时，谓语动词用三单形式。 如：One of us has a travel guide.
1）China is one of _______ in the world.
A. the oldest countries B. the oldest country C. oldest country D. oldest countries
2）One of the boys _______ (come/comes) from America.
We plan to ________ ________ there.
1)A 2) comes 3)go sightseeing
3. It is a large public _________ (part of a place, town, etc..) with green grass, fountains and birds.
1）My family has lived in this area of England for years.
2）She knows the local area very well. 她非常了解这地区的情况。
1) The house _______ whitewall and blue roof is my house.
A. has B. have C. with D. is
1) C 2) The teacher comes in with a book in his hand.
4. If you visit People’s Square, you can also see famous buildings around it.
5. If you walk along the Bund, you will see many old buildings. The Pudong New Area, just across the Huangpu River, has many old buildings.
across prep. 在……对面；在……对过 （还有的意思：横过，穿过）
walk along 沿着……走
1）I'm just going to walk down the road now and send some letters.我正打算沿这条路走，去寄几封信。
2）I just had an awful dream. 我刚做了个可怕的梦。
3）I met my friend in the street just now.
4）Anyone from the houses across the road could see him. 马路对面房子里的任何一个人都能看见他。
5）the bridge across Lake Washington in Seattle 横跨在西雅图华盛顿湖上的桥
________ ________ this road, you will see the supermarket is just on the other side.
2）Go _______ the bridge, you will find the park.
A. across B. cross C. through
3）Can you see it_______ the hole?
A. across B. cross C. through
6. At night, these tall buildings light up the sky in every direction.
light up 点亮；照亮
1）He drove off in the direction of Larry's shop. 他驾车朝着拉里商店的方向驶去。
2）All of the students ran in all directions when the class was over.
3）The room was lit by only the one light. 房间里仅靠这一盏灯照明。
4）The sky is light blue.
5）The box is heavy but that one is light.
6）Light travels faster than sound.
Millions of stars ______________ the sky.
7. If you enjoy history and natural beauty, you will love this garden.
natural adj.自然的；天然的 （nature n.自然 the natural world自然界 ）
1）the study of the natural world (=trees, rivers, animals, plants etc)对自然界的研究
2）the need for natural light in offices办公室内对自然光的需求
1）The ________ is full of _______ beauty.
A. natural, nature B. natural, natural C. nature, natural
We all like ______ _______.
1）C 2）natural beauty
Listening & Speaking & Writing & More Practice:
8. S1: Where is it?
S2: It’s in the north-west of Beijing.
in the north-west of在……的西北部
in+ the +方位名词+of 表示“在……的某个方位”
注：in, on, to表达方位：in表示在内部; on表示在外部且接壤;to 表示在外部且不接壤
Korea is _______ the north- east of China.
Hainan is _______ the south of China.
guide n.手册；指南 traditional adj.传统的 modern adj.现代的；近代的；现代化的 centre n.中心点；中心 bridge n.桥 pond n. 池塘 snack n.小吃 outside prep.在……外面 dumpling n.饺子；汤团
temple n. 庙；寺
travel guide 旅游手册 place of interest 名胜 in the centre of 在……的中心
1. The bund is where old Shanghai meets new Shanghai.
2. William’s mum is giving him advice about his problems. Match the half-sentences from the boxes to complete her advice for him.
（注：留心以上句子advice的搭配；注意它是不可数名词，所以：“一条建议”是a piece of advice）
3. I do not know what this word means. 我不知道这个单词是什么意思。
4. …you will know which books to bring, （疑问词+to do）
Which books to bring是疑问词与不定式连用，作动词know的宾语。在英语中，动词不定式可以用在疑问词what, how, where, which等后面，在句中作宾语等。
/ trə'dɪʃ(ə)n(ə)l / _______________ /'mɒd(ə)n /_______________
/,aʊt'saɪd / _______________ / dɪˈrekʃn / _______________
/'nætʃrəl / _______________ / brɪdʒ /_______________
/ ˈfaʊntən / _______________ / laɪt / _______________
/'saɪtsiːɪŋ /_______________ / gaɪd / _______________
/ 'templ / _______________ /'bɪldɪŋ /_______________
/ ə'krɒs / _______________ / dʒʌst /_______________
1. The playground is in the c______ of our school. The classroom is around it.
2. You can parr car o_______ our house.
3. Which building do you like better, a traditional one or a m_______ one?
4. We mustn’t go a_______ the road when the traffic lights are red.
5. Many birds died because of pollution in this a________.
1. We ______for a picnic if it is fine tomorrow.
A. go B. went C. goes D. will go
2. If it _____tomorrow, they _____their plan.
A. will rain, will change B. rains, will change
C. doesn’t rain, change D. will rain, change
3. The lady ________long, straight hair is our Chinese teacher.
A. with B. in C. for D. has
4. Elephants are one of ________ in the world.
A. larger animal B. largest animals
C. the largest animals D. the largest animal
5. What can we see when we walk _______the beach?
A. along B. across C. away D. over
6. She asked me for some _______ on how to study well.
A. advice B. advise C. advices D. suggestion
7. -Why didn't you come?
-______ was here.
A. someone else B. anyone else C. everyone else D. no one else
8. My new T-shirt is made ______ cotton.
A. of B. from C. by D. in
9. We have to walk_______ the forest if we want to arrive there.
A. cross B. across C. through D. between
10. One of the students in my class_______ over 4500px.
A. is B. are C. grow D. be
There are many _______ _______ _______in Guangzhou.
Tall buildings ______ _______the sky of the city at night.
If it ________ ________tomorrow, we will _________ ________.
A lot of furniture ________ __________ _________ wood.
Guangzhou is a beautiful city ______ _______ ______ _______China.
He lives _______ _______ _______ ________ the city.
_______ _________ the rain, I have to stay at home.
_______ ________ the most interesting places in Hong Kong ________ Ocean Park.
二、1-5 centre, outside, modern, across, area
三、 1-5 DBACA 6-10 ACACA
1. places of interest, 2. lit/lighted up, 3. doesn't rain, go swimming 4. is made of 5. in the south of
6. in the centre of 7. Because of 8. one of is
If you like sightseeing, you will love it!
If you visit People’s Square, you can also see famous buildings around it.
If you walk along the Bund, you will see many old buildings.
If you enjoy history and natural beauty, you will love this garden.
If you like shopping, you will love Hong Kong.
(1). be(am, is, are) going to+动词原形+......
(1) be going to+动词原形
肯定句：主语+be(am, is, are) going to+动词原形+......
否定句：语+be(am, is, are) not going to+动词原形+......
特殊疑问句:What(Where, How...)+be(am, is, are)+主语+going to+动词原形+...?
肯定句：I am going to see my grandfather tomorrow.
否定句：I am not going to see my grandfather tomorrow.
一般疑问句：Are you going to see your grandfather tomorrow?
肯定回答：Yes, I am.
否定回答： No, I am not.
(1).The girls are going to take acting lessons.(改为否定句)
The girls_____ _____ to take acting lessons.
(2) They are going to meet outside the school gate.(划线提问)
_______ ______ they going to meet?
(3) There __________ a meeting tomorrow afternoon.
A. will be going to B. will going to be C. is going to be D. will go to be
(1) aren’t going (2) Where are (3) C
(2) will / shall + 动词原形
特殊疑问句：What(How, When，Where )+will/shall +主语+动词原形….?
肯定句：I shall/will go to school the day after tomorrow。 后天我不将上学了
否定句： I shall/will not go to school the day after tomorrow。 后天我不将上学了
一般疑问句：Will/Shall we go to school the day after tomorrow? 后天我们将去上学吗？
肯定回答：Yes, I will/shall.
否定回答： No, I will not./shall not. (will not=won’t)
特殊疑问句： What are you going to do the day after tomorrow? 后天你打算做什么？
(1) Charlie ________ here next month.
A. isn’t working B. doesn’t working C. isn’t going to working D. won’t work
(2) He________ very busy this week, he ________ free next week.
A. will be; is B. is; is C. will be; will be D. is; will be
(3). There ________ a dolphin show in the zoo tomorrow evening.
A. was B. is going to have C. will have D. is going to be
(1)D （首先看标志词next week, 所以用一般将来时否句，won’t work ）
(2) D （时态标志词this week，有一般现在时态，next week用一般将来时态）
(3)D （时态标志词tomorrow evening，所以用一般将来时，这是there be句型的将来时，用will be或者is going to be ，这里不能用B。）
3、be going to 与will, shall的用法区别:
(1) will/shall有时可以和be going to 互换;
(2) will是万能的,shall只能用在第一人称,主语是I, we.(I will=I'll)、(you will=you'll) (She will=She'll)
(3) be going to+动词原形+..." 表示一个事先考虑好的意图,,相当于文中的"打算,计划,准备"
eg. I am going to spend my holiday in Beijing.(这里不能用will)
(4) 客观难以改变的事实,用will,而不用be going to .
eg. It will be Teachers' Day the day after tomorrow.
(5) “Shall I/we...？”一句中，”shall”一般只用于第一人称，”shall”在句中表示将来时,也表示提出建议和征求对方意见。还有Will you please …?（请你….好吗？）也有此意。
That′s a good idea!
Sorry, we can′t.
Yes, I′d like to, but...
1）It________ the year of the horse next year.
A. is going to be B.is going to C. will be D.will is
2）________ open the window?
A. Will you please B. Please will you C. You please D.Do you
1) C （从句中“明天将会时马年”这个句意中，这是不会根据个人的意愿而改变的事实，所以应该用will, 而不用be going to ）
2) A （will you please+动原,will you please表示婉转语气。）
She is coming here tomorrow.
– Let’s go out to play football, shall we?
– OK. I ________.
A. will coming B. be going to come C. come D. am coming
D （I am coming 表示我就来了。）
1）tomorrow(明天)，the day after tomorrow(后天) ，in the future 在将来，soon 不久
2 ) next year(明年），next month(下一个月)，next week(下一个星期) ，this evening/afternoon/(今天下午)
3) in+ 时间段 in three days 三天后；in five hours(再过5个小时)
6. 在由when，before，as soon as，until/till引导的时间状语从句和由if引导的条件状语从句中，常用一般现在时表示将来，主句中用will+动词原形。例如：
If it doesn’t rain tomorrow , we’ll go to the East Lake. 如果明天不下雨，我们就去东湖。
I must finish my homework before my mother returns. 我必须在妈妈回来之前做完家庭作业。
I_____ go to the park if it ______ rain tomorrow.
A am going to….doesn’t B will …don’t C will …doesn’t
1） Let’s go shopping, shall we? 我们去购物，好吗？
2）--- Will you please pass me the ball? 请你递给我那个球，好吗？
3）--- Shall I come again tomorrow afternoon?明天下午我再来，好吗？
---Yes ,please.好的 /No ,thanks. 不用了，谢谢！
if（如果）、unless（除非）或 as long as（只要）等。
1） will/be going to
2） 情态动词can, may, must 等
e.g. If you ask him, he will help you. 如果你请他帮忙，他会帮你的。
If it stops snowing, we can go out. 如果雪停了，我们就可以出去。
Stay with us if you are not busy. 如果你不忙，就跟我们在一起吧。
e.g. If you heat ice，it turns to water. 如果把冰加热，他就会化成水。
If he said that，he can't be telling the truth.
You ___1_____ (pass) the exam if you ___2____ (study) hard.
1. will pass 2, study
3. Study hard, and you will pass the exam.（分析：祈使句+and+ 句子（谓语动词常用一般将来时）= if 从句（肯定），+ 句子）
2）Hurry up, or you'll be late.
If you don’t hurry up, you’ll be late.
（分析：祈使句+or (否则）+ 句子（谓语动词常用一般将来时）= if 从句（否定），+ 句子)
3）You'll be late unless you hurry.
You’ll be late if you don't hurry.
4）as long as意为"只要；如果"。如：
__________________________________, we can play.
As long as it doesn’t rain,
例句: I will come to see you if I have time. 我有时间，我就来看你。
例题：If he ___in half an hour, we ___wait for him.
A. won't come, won't B. won't come, don't
C. doesn't come, won't D. will come, don't
解析：本题考查条件状语从句“主将从现”的运用。题干的意思是“如果他一小时后不来，我们将不会等他了”，从“in half an hour”，“一小时后”可知本句说的是未来的事，那么if引导的条件状语从句要用一般现在时表示将来时，主句要用一般将来时。
例题： ——I wonder if your wife to the party.
----If your wife _________, so will mine。.
A. will go, go B. will go, goes
C. goes, will go D. will go, will go
1） If there _________no buying and selling of animals, there _________ no killing in nature.
A. is; will be B. will be; will be C. is; is D. will be; is
2）—Let’s go fishing if it _____ this weekend.
—But nobody knows if it _______.
A. is fine, will rain B. will be fine, rains
C. will be fine, will rain D. is fine; rains
1. If you use an English word more often, of course you ________ it better.
A. remember B. remembering
C. will remember D. remembered
2. If you boil the water, it _______ into steam.
A. will turn B. would turn C. turned D. turns
3. We ______ a party if the weather ______good.
A. will have; will be B. will have; is
C. have; will be D. have; is
4. I ____ her the answer if she ____ me.
A. can tell, will ask B. will tell, will ask C. would tell, ask D. will tell, asks
5. ----What are you going to do tomorrow?
----We’ll go to the library tomorrow if it_______.
A. isn't rain B. rain C. won't rain D. doesn't rain
6. ----Do you know when he will come back tomorrow?
----Sorry, I don’t know. When he ____ back, I’ll tell you.
A. comes B. will come C. come D. may come
7. What will you do if you_____ to the old folk’ home visit?
A. go B. went C. going D. will go
8. If you _____ to the party, you’ll have a great time.
A. will go B. went C. go D. going
What_______ ________ if he ________late?
If he _________ _________ TV too much, his parents __________ _________ very happy.
Unless it _________ ________ tomorrow, I _______ _______to the park with you.
If you ________ ________ a foreign country, you________ ________ to learn about its culture.
____ you go to bed earlier at night, you won’t_______ _______in the morning.
一、单项选择1-5 CDBDD 6-8 AAC
1. will happen is/comes 2. doesn't watch will be 3. doesn't rain will go 4. go to should try
5. If,be/feel tired
We all know that Singapore is a __1___city but there are many things to do there. It doesn't have any beaches or mountains, but it has a very large zoo, a beautiful botanical garden and lots of museums. It's also a wonderful place __2___. The traffic is___3___in some parts of Singapore，and most private cars aren't __4___ in downtown Singapore. We don't plan on ___5___ a car in this city. But it is easiest to ___6__ the city by subway.
If you decide ___7____Singapore, bring lots of money. Living in Singapore is quite expensive. Also, pack__8____clothes. Singapore is very hot ____9__. So for your next vacation, why not __10____ visiting Singapore?
1. A. big B. large C. small D. dangerous
2. A. shopping B. for shopping C. to shopping D. with shopping
3. A. big B. much C. strong D. heavy
4. A. allow B. allowing C. allowed D. to be allowed
5. A. drive B. driving C. to drive D. drove
6. A. get around B. look at C. loond D. see around
7. A. visit B. to visit C. visiting D. to visiting
8. A. all B. warm C. light D. beautiful
9. A. all year round B. round a year C. all the year round D. in a year
10. A. you consider B. considering C. to consider D. consider
There were no classes last Saturday afternoon. Mary went to a clothing shop near her home. The shop__1___ many skirts. She looked through them and __2___ last chose a very nice one. She___3___it on and then told the shopkeeper to put it into a bag. At that time her friend Rose came into the shop. They __4___ so happy to see each other that they___5___everything ___6__. Soon they were busy ___7____on and on happily.
It was nearly seven, so they decided to go and__8____dinner. Mary took the bag, and walked towards the door of the shop. The shopkeeper stopped them and asked Mary to pay for the skirt. Mary looked at him in ____9__at first, but soon she remembered that she didn’t pay for it. She said sorry, gave him the money and then left the shop __10____ her friend.
1. A. took B. bought C. sell D. had
2. A. at B. by C. in D. before
3. A. try on B. had C. tried D. to try
4. A. was B. were C. are D. is
5. A. forget B. remember C. forgot D. remembered
6. A. else B. also C. either D. too
7. A. saying B. speaking C. talking D. writing
8. A. had B. having C. will have D. /
9. A. surprise B. surprised C. the surprise D. with surprise
10. A. and B. with C. by D. Within
Guangzhou Museum, modern
Guangzhou Tower, 610 metres tall
Kapok(木棉花), City Flower
Write at least 60 words on the topic of “Let’s take a trip to _________( a city)!”（以《让我们到_________（一个城市）去旅游》为题，写一篇不少于60个单词的短文，要求内容完整，语言通顺。）
Suggested questions: （以下问题仅供参考）
1. Where would you like to visit?
2. What will we see if we go there?
3. What can we do if we are there?
4. How long will we stay there?
Let’s take a trip to_________
1.Guangzhou Museum is a very modern building.
2.Guangzhou Tower is 610 metres tall.
3.Shenzhen is very beautiful. It’s a modern city.
4.Kapok is the City Flower of Guangzhou.
1. —Excuse me, can you tell me the way to Nanjing Road?
—Walk_________ this street for 500 meters and then turn left at the first crossing.
A. along B. to C. on D. across
2. If you_________ the fruit into the fridge, it_________ bad.
A. put; go B. will put; won’t go C. put; won’t go D .will put; will go
3. The fire will _________ the house and people’s face.
A. light up B. get up C. wap D. put up
4. —Do you like Chinese _________ food or western food?
—I don’t care. I like noodles, dumplings but also fast food like KFC.
A. interesting B. traditional C. funny D. amazing
5. Beijing is the _________ of China. And it’s in the _________ of China.
A. centre; south B. middle; north C. middle; north-west D. centre; north
6. My brother _________ a story book _________ me.
A. buys; to B. buy; to C. will buy; for D. is going to buy; to
7. —You can see_________ old _________ modern buildings in Beijing.
—That sounds great! I’ll be there.
A. both; / B. both; and C. either; or D.neither; nor
8.If you love _________ snac can go on a trip to Chongqing.
A. eating B. eat C. eats D. have
9. Some people walk _________ the road without taking a look at the red lights.
A. through B. across C. under D. over
10. —Darling, let’s go on a short trip this weekend!
—_________ . I can’t wait!
A. It’s OK. B. That sounds great! C. It’s a pity. D. It’s up to you!
In recent years, computer games have become ___1____ in many cities and towns. A lot of small shops and restaurants along busy streets have changed ___2___big game houses in order __3____more money. These places are always crowded with people especially young boys.
In the computer game houses, people 4 a lot of money competing with the computerized machines. ___5___ hard for one to win against a computer, but one can make progress after ____6___ again and again. People have a kind of gambling psychology（赌博心理）___7____ they play computer games. The more they lose, the more they want to win, and at last they even cannot live without it. For school boys, they have no mind for their lessons. When class ___8____, they rush to the nearby computer game houses. Some of them can get __9___money from their parents. But some of them are not lucgh to get the money. They begin to steal 10 students’ money and become thieves.
1. A. popularer B.much popular
C. popularer and popularer D. more and more popular
2. A. with B. into C. of D. from
3. A.to get B. got C. getting D. gets
4. A. take B. win C. cost D. spend
5. A.That’s B. Its C.It’s D. This’s
6. A.to try B. trying C.tried D. tries
7. A.after B. before C. until D. when
8. A.over B. overed C.is over D. is overed
9. A.many B. enough C. more D.a few
10. A. others B. the others C. the other D. Other
1-5 DBADC 6-10 BDCBD
Doctors say: holidays are important. We should have a __1__ from work for a week or two weeks every year. If it is possible, they say, we should __2_____our homes and go to another___3_____of the country. We should go away for __4__. Then, after the holidays, we will be _5_____ and get ready for__6__ again. But some people do not want to leave their homes to __7___ in other places. They do not lidden change in their lives. They think their _8__ are best of all. And some people can have a rest in___9____ way. They can go to visit their friends. They can have a ___10____ holiday together.
1. A. rest B. meeting C. time D. talk
2. A. stay B. leave C. go D. come
3. A. city B. town C. village D. part
4. A. work B .study C. holidays D. cooking
5. A. better B. healthy C. bad D. best
6. A. work B. sports C. study D. play
7. A. go B. come C. stay D. reach
8. A. work B. homes C. room D. house
9 A. one B. other C. another D. others
10. A. healthy B. interested C. famous D. good
Some children from New York are having a talk after they visited Rizhao. What are they talking about?
Alice: I enjoyed myself in Rizhao. It is a very nice city. It is a good place for people to go for a vacation. I find that people in Rizhao are very friendly.
Steven： I like delicious food very much. 1 was very happy when I stayed in Rizhao because I found lots of delicious food there. 1 like fish most.
Sam：There are many interesting things in Rizhao. Of all the things, Fulai Mountain is my favorite.
Grace： I went to a school. I had classes with some Chinese students there and also played games with them. 1 talked with them happily. I also want to write to them.
1. Where are the four children from?
A. America. B. Australia. C. French. D. Canada.
2. Who lilai Mountain?
A. Alice. B. Sam. C. Steven. D. Grace
3. Steven likes in Rizhao very much.
A. the food B. the schools C. the children D. the teachers
4. Grace didn’t in the school in Rizhao.
A. have classes B. play games C. have a party D. have a talk
5. From this passage, we know that the four children .
A.enjoy their trip to Rizhao.
B.love their country very much.
C.speak Chinese very well.
D. want to live in Rizhao.
Lisa wants to visit Taiwan, so she bought a boot Taiwan. Read the contents(目录) and answer the questions.
Unit 1 The Story of Taiwan 1
Unit 2 The Beautiful Mountains in Taiwan 27
Unit 3 The Delicious Food in Taiwan 43
Unit 4 The Museums in Taiwan 58
Unit 5 The Culture(文化) 76
Unit 6 The Special Scenery in Taiwan 95
Index(索引）Maps of Taiwan 100
6. Lisa wants to visit the National Palace Museum. Which unit does she need to read?
A．Unit 3. B. Unit 4. C. Unit 5. D. Unit 6.
7. What can you read about in Unit 3?
A. The culture in Taiwan.
B. The parks in Taiwan.
C. The history of Taiwan.
D. The restaurants in Taiwan.
8. What unit can you read if you want to learn about Mountain Ali?
A. Unit 1. B. Unit 2. C Unit 4. D. Unit 6.
9. Lisa wants to take a trip to Kenting National Park. Which unit does she need to read?
A. Unit 1. B. Unit 3. C. Unit 6. D. Unit 5.
10. What is the title of the book?
A. Index. B. Story. C. Restaurant. D. Taiwan.
Two months ago, I went to Australia for a meeting with my workmate, Chris. We decided to drive across country to Brisbane after the meeting ended. The drive was going to tar days and most of it was across the desert.
The first day was a lot of fun as we were excited and laughing at each other's jokes. By the third day of driving in the desert, we began to get bored. We had been quiet for a few hours when Chris saw some kangaroos. We were both excited and decided to get a closer look. Chris drove very quickly to catch up with the kangaroos. We got closer and closer—too close—when we heard a loud BANG!
Chris stopped the car and we got out. Behind the car was a large kangaroo lying completely still on the ground. Chris went over to the kangaroo and put his baseball cap on its head. He took off his sunglasses and put them on the kangaroo and did the same with his jacket. Then, he put his arm around the kangaroo and told me to take a photo of them together. I toot my camera. While I was focusing the camera, I saw the kangaroo move. It suddenly wop and ran away before we could do anything.
I started laughing but Chris looked very serious. He said his wallet was in the jacket. I started laughing even harder. I stopped laughing, however, when he said that our car keys were also in the jacket! BDCA
11. How long was the drive going to take according to their plan?
A. One day. B. Four days. C. Half a month. D. Two months.
12. Why did they hear a loud BANG?
A. Because something fell off the car.
B. Because the car knocked down a tree.
C. Because the car broke down on the way.
D. Because the car knocked down a kangaroo.
13. What can we get from this passage?
A. Chris saved the kangaroo's life.
B. The meeting was held in Brisbane.
C. Chris thought the kangaroo was dead.
D. The writer took a photo of Chris and the kangaroo.
14. Which would be the best title for this passage?
A. An unusual experience.
B. My Australian meeting.
C. On the way to Australia.
D. A clever kangaroo.
1. Rivers are one of the most important n________ resources.
2. If you are lost, you can walk in the d_______ of the sun.
3. Mid-autumn Festival is a t_________ festival in China.
4. My sister is a g________, she works in a travel agency.
5. I am so full , I can't eat any s_______ now.
If you travel by train, you ________ enjoy the ________ ________of the landscape.
___________ _________ ________ ________Beijing is the Summer Palace.
She was buying a __________ _____________to America.
The grass is ________ ___________ _________ _________the park.
IFC is __________ _________ __________ _____________ _________of Guangzhou.
某英语报社举行“我为家乡代言”征文大赛，请你以“Welcome to my hometown-Guangzhou” 为题，根据下列提示和要求，写一篇短文。
二、1-5 DBADC 6-10 BDCBD
四、1-5 ABACA 6-10 BDBCD 11-14 BDCA
五、1-5 natural; direction; traditional; guide; snacks
六、1-5 will, natural beauty; In the north-west of; travel guide; in the centre of; one of the highest buildings