译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Advertising 电子文本、课文注释及翻译
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Advertising 电子文本、课文注释及翻译.doc
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Period 1. Welcome to the unit and Reading知识预习、语篇预习、重点讲解及课下自测.doc
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Period 2.Word power and Grammar and usage知识预习、语法预习、重点讲解、语法讲解及课下自测.doc
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Period 3. Task and Project知识预习、语篇预习、重点讲解及课下自测.doc
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 Period 4 Writing写作指导、习文练笔及课下自测.doc
译林牛津高一英语必修4 Unit1 单元教学设计.doc
Revision for Module 4
1. In order to keep________(更新) my database, I constantly add new information or something relevant to it.
2. Whoever is caught________(作弊) in the exam shall be severely punished.
3. The ________(蓄意的；未遂的) murder was prevented in time by two passers-by.
4. The discovery of the new medicine is of great ________(意义) for people suffering from heart problems.
5. The car is becoming a popular means of t________ for more and more families nowadays.
6. It is considered to be the most useful medicine in c________ society.
7. I know him, but we don't f________ see each other.
8. Unfortunately, the gymnast had her legs________(损害) before the gymnastics competition.
9. I was asked to give a short ________(介绍) on the aims of the plan.
10. Since he was so confident, Bill left a deep i_______ on everyone that he would pass the exam easily.
1. He said to me, “I've left my boor room.”
2. Matt asked Ann, “Are you the happiest person in the world？”
3. He asked me, “What's your name？”
4. “The moon moves around the earth，” the astronomer said.
5. “Don't spend too much time on football！” Mother said to me.
1. We ________ as well stay where we are.
2. We ________ be too careful in the choice of our friend.
3. — How old are you, Madam?
— If you ________ know, I'm twice my son's age.
4. When ________ my father be able to leave hospital?
5. You ________ have come to the conference yesterday. What was the reason for your absence?
1. The flowers were so lovely that they ________(sell) in no time.
2. — Have you handed in your schoolwork yet?
— Yes, I have. I guess it ________(grade) now.
3. If Newton lived today, he would be surprised by what ________(discover) in science and technology.
4. — Your position ________(keep) open until you come back.
— Than very much.
5. At the end of the meeting, it was announced that an agreement ________(reach) already.
You must try your best to ________ ________ for the classes you missed last week.
While chatting online, we should take care not to ________ ________ all kinds of tricks.
As a local leader, he ________ ________ making contributions to improving the living standards of the local people.
Our head teacher often ________ that we ________ honest, confident and ready to help others.
On hearing someone shouting for help, the soldier jumped into the cold river to save the child ________ ________．
belong to; approach; reality; approve; do harm to；
put forward; determine; tradition; benefit; attach to
1. Breathing fresh air and exercising in the morning are ________ to your health.
2. ________ developing countries, China still has a long way to go in realizing “Chin语篇翻译
Nowadays, we can find advertisements almost wherever we go. we are so used to ①them that we often do not even realize how many we see and hear in a day. I did some research on② advertisements, and have some
very important information to share with you.
What is an advertisement?
An advertisement uses words and pictures to persuade people to ③buy a product or service, or to believe in④ an idea. Newspapers, magazines, the Internet, radio and television are the most common places to find them. There are two main types of advertisements--commercial advertisements and public service advertisements(PSAs).A commercial advertisements is one which someone has paid for ⑤to advertise a product or service. PSAs are often run for free⑥, and are meant to ⑦educate people about health, safety, or any other problem that affects public welfare⑧.
Does an advertisement tell people the complete truth?
There are laws to protect people from advertisements that cheat ⑨people. However, we still must be aware of⑩ the sl methods used in ads to try and sell us things. Even if an ad does not lie, It does not mean it is altogether innocent. ⑪ One toothpaste ad declares, 'Bright-Teeth fights bad breath!' This statement tries to fool you into ⑫ assuming that⑬ the toothpaste cures bad breath, yet it does not say that! All it says is that it fights it, and that is not the same thing at all. One grocery tells customers, You are proud of your cooking, so shouldn't you buy the very freshest food? 'This ad is very clever, because it tells customers they are good cooks. However, it never says that this grocery has the freshest food! The grocery just hopes that when you read the ad, you will feel pleased with⑭ the nice comment, remember the words 'freshest food', and make a mental connection with ⑮the food in the grocery. We must not fall for ⑯this kind of trick!
Public service advertisements.
Not all ads play tricks on⑰ us though. PSAs use some of the same methods, like attractive pictures and clever language, but they are made to serve the public PSAs aim to teach us and help us lead, better lives. Our government understands this and has been using PSAs to educate people for many years. China began a nationwide public service advertising campaign⑱ in 1996,and since then various types of PSAs have appeared around the country. You have probably seen or heard some of them yourself, such as, 'Yes to life, no to drugs' and' Knowledge changes life'. these ads deal with⑲ widespread⑳ social concerns. There are also PSAs that encourage people to support public service projects, such as Project Hope. Its motto is 'Project Hope--educating every child'. There are even PSAs to teach us how to live healthy lives. One of these is, 'when you smoke cigarettes, you are slowly killing yourself'. All of these ads are meant to benefit ○21the public, and you can often learn a lot by following the advice ○22 they give.
Finally, I wish to tell you this thint why you should do the things the ad suggests, or buy the product or service the ad promotes. When it comes to ○23 advertisements, we must all use our intelligence and not be a slave to them!
①be used to (doing) sth 习惯于
②do some research on 做研究
③persuade sb to do sth 说服某人做某事
④believe in 信任，信仰
⑤pay for 付款，为…付出代价
⑥run… for free 免费运营 run vi. 经营；奔跑；运转vt. 管理，经营；运行；参赛 n. 奔跑；赛跑
⑦be meant to 旨在，打算
Unit 1 Advertising
Period 1 Welcome to the unit & Reading (I)
1. drug n. 毒品
2. persuade vt. 说服，劝服
3. cheat vt.&vi 欺骗；作弊 n.欺骗；骗子
4. sl adj. 熟练的；有技巧的
5. innocent adj. 无罪的；无邪的
6. cure vt. 治愈；n.药物；疗法；对策
7. comment n.& vi. 评价，评论
8. mental adj. 心理的；思想的，精神的；智力的
9. aim vt.& vi. 以…为目标，瞄准 n.瞄准；目的
10. campaign n.运动,活动
1. make sb. aware of ...使某人意识到…
2. do some research on ...对…做一些研究
3. persuade sb. to do sth.劝说某人做……
4. be meant to do sth.旨在做……
5. fool sb. into doing sth.欺骗某人做…
6. encourage sb. to do sth.鼓励某人做…
7. play tricks on sb.捉弄某人
8. fall for 受……的骗
9. deal with 涉及，关于；处理，
10.when it comes to 当谈及……
1. advertising n. 广告（业）→ advertisement n. 广告 → advertise v. 为……做广告 → advertiser 刊登广告者
2. persuade vt. 说服，劝服 → persuasive adj. 有说服力的 → persuasion 说服
3. innocent adj. 无罪的；无邪的 → innocence n.无罪；纯真→innocently 无罪地
4. breath n. 气息，呼吸→_breathe_ vi.呼吸，吸入→breathless adj.喘不过气来的
5. benefit n. 利益；益处 vt. 对……有益→ beneficial adj. 有益的；有利的
6. promote vt. 使晋级；促进 → promotion n. 升级；促进
7. intelligence n. 智慧；智能 → intelligent adj. 聪明的，有智力的
8. pleased adj. 高兴的，愉快的 →pleasing adj.令人高兴→ please v.使高兴 → pleasure n. 愉快，快乐
9. sl adj.有技巧的，熟练的→ skilled adj. 有技能的；需要技能的→ skill n. 技能；本领
1. They are also a good way to make people aware of the needs of others and the dangers around them.(P1) 它们（广告）也是让人们意识到他人的需要和他们周围危险的一种好方式。
2. We are so used to them that we do not even realize how many we see and hear in a day.(P2) 我们已经对广告习以为常，甚至常常都意识不到在一天中看见或听见多少广告。
3. PSAs are often run for free, and are intended to educate people about health, safety, or any other issue that affects public welfare.(P2) 公益广告往往是免费投放的，旨在就有关健康、安全或影响到公共福利的任何其他问题教育人们。
4. Not all ads play trics though.(P3) 但并非所有的广告都跟我们玩花招。
5. These ads deal with widespread social concerns.(P3)这些广告关注普遍存在的社会问题。
6. When it comes to advertisements, we must all use our intelligence and not be a slave to them! (P3) 谈及广告，我们都必须运用自己的智慧，而不要做广告的奴隶。
1. If you want to sell your product you must make advertisements( 广告).